Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,137 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 3,286 reviews
on August 4, 2015
So many negative reviews on this book. I feel that people are missing the message and just focusing on the simplicity and shortness of it. It's not the length of the book, the message it provides you is what you should look into. This book helps the reader see the world through new eyes. I wasn't given this book by my boss, but by my brother. After reading it, I even bought two of my friends a copy. It helped with controlling feelings of fear in regards to change. I have more confidence in myself and don't see failure as something bad anymore. I really wish i would've read this years ago. Give the book a real chance. Ask yourself if what the book is saying could've helped you in the past. I bet you'll see it could have.
on February 6, 2017
Never have I seen such a short book effect such a great amount of positive change in my life. This had me seeing changes in life --good or bad -- very differently after reading it, reminding me of how I used to see them, adventures vs something to be wary of.

This is a great book if you want to recapture that essence of youth, where roads unknown invigorate the soul, exciting curiosity and elicit, once more, an excitement and fierce desire to explore rather than fear -- I highly recommend it.
on September 7, 2015

There are a few books that everyone, regardless of their profession, should read. Among these would be Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography; How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success in Selling by Frank Bettger; How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie; The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale; Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill; and this one, Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson, M. D.

Critics will tell you that this book is simplistic. It reads very much like a child's story book. The critics would be right that it is simplistic and it is very much like a child's story book. Like Bill Cosby used to say at the beginning of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, "If you aren't careful, you just might learn something."

The book is divided into four parts. The first part tells how the story and the book came into being. We read a discussion of how applicable the book is in many different settings and how valuable the book is to read. This is very much like preaching to the choir. Obviously, the reader has been sold on reading the book because they have already begun to do that at that point. Some readers may find themselves skipping past that part of the book or, at the very least, thinking, "Just get on with it already."

As the reader reaches the second part of the book, they read about a class reunion where people who knew one another years before come together to catch up on old times. The friends talk about how life has changed and what they thought to be true years ago proved to be incorrect. One of the friends mentions the story and how it helped them to deal with life's changes.

The book shifts to the actual story. In the story, the reader is told about four characters, two mice, Sniff and Scurry, and two little people, Hem and Haw.

The four characters are all faced with the same situation. They have cheese and then one day the cheese is gone. Cheese is a metaphor for whatever it is in life the reader values.

How the different characters deal with the loss of the cheese is significant to the story and helps the reader learn more about themselves, and those around them, and how everyone handles change.

The book then shifts back to a discussion among the friends who discuss how they applied the story to their lives and what changes they were able to make in their personal and professional lives. Discussion is made as to how the lesson could have helped had it been learned earlier and how it could be applied in the future.

The book is a very quick read and could probably be read in one sitting. Long ago, I read it to my children and they loved it. They learned from it and, for a while, the kids referred to different parts of the story and how it applied to current life events for our family.

I purchased this book from Amazon years ago and it has been an important part of my library ever since. You may wish to borrow it free from your local library but, ultimately, you will want to obtain a copy for your own library.
on April 7, 2016
A good fun book to read. I love the visual images in my head of the mice and little people running around. I'll probably have these images in my head, and thus remember this book as long as I live without even opening it again.

The book shows you why you should be flexible, adaptable, and brave enough to look elsewhere for opportunity. The only thing constant is change. The ability to adapt and look for new solutions is key. I recommend this book.
on August 22, 2015
I absolutely love this book. I was given a copy by my Aesthetician years ago after loosing my job. I thought it was the end of the world. I was able to identify myself and relate to the characters in the book. It's a very thin book and an easy read so, no need to feel intimidated.

Now that I'm back in a career that I absolutely love, I know how to remain aware and adapt quickly to change. I have copies of this book on hand at work and I assign this book to my clients who have a difficult time accepting change in any facet of their life.

I highly recommend this book, not only if you're currently experiencing difficulties associated with change, but as a pro-active tool to decrease unnecessary heartache associated with change.

Happy Reading!
on May 17, 2014
If you have NOT read this book, you should. It is an allegory (of course) about mice, cheese, and our attitude towards change. It's almost like a children's story for adults on where and when change comes.

All of us get stuck in ruts; we work, live, play... This book reminds us that change is inevitable, and we should be ready for it. Sometimes change is unfair; sometimes technology, the economy, the society force changes on us. We often fall into a complaining state - change is unfair! This shouldn't be happening! Yet... It IS happening and ethics aside, all we can do is ADAPT.

This book is a wonderful allegory reminding us about adapting to change.
on November 1, 2016
Invaluable way to assist those reluctant to embrace change in any of its forms. From work to play, family to relationships, this is without a doubt the finest example of understanding the need for keeping pace with the ever-evolving landscape which is life.

A must read for everyone above the age of 7. Teach your children this valuable lesson.
on January 17, 2017
This short story is great. It helped me to put my life back in perspective. Very motivational.
on April 19, 2017
Changes your perspective on values and the importance we place on things.. helps with answering the question, what happens when we lose something we thought we valued?
Or when our priorities have to change? Helps us to think through how to adapt to changes in our environment and not get frustrated with things outside of our control
on June 10, 2015
I love this simple book. I got so many "walk always" after reading it. It applies to almost all life circumstances. I think about what's happening with my cheese now before anything actually happens. It make life a bit easier.
Enjoyable easy also.