|Print List Price:||$6.50|
Save $2.51 (39%)
Who Is He? (Southern Seas Series) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
The backdrop to the story is Tahiti with its South Seas vibrancy, where Hester and Luke throw off the constraints of 19th century England and allow their love to deepen to withstand heartbreak and hardship as well as living their lives to the full in this tropical paradise.
The characters are well-drawn and the story unfolds gently.
The brief appearance of two characters from another of the South Seas series books is done seamlessly and well.
I enjoyed this book immensely.
Luke and Hestor board the ship as strangers and in the end become lovers and dear friends. Through every trial (by water and land), they become stronger and so does their love.
I enjoyed reading this romance. The author takes the reader on an incredible journey and the characters are complex yet appealing. The way she describes the islands of the Southern Seas, like a true lover of the Tropics, is intoxicating and makes for a good story.
About 60% of the way through the story, though, everything changes. Suddenly, we’re no longer in a romance but in the realities of being missionaries in the 19th century. Life is hard and there are people murdered for no reason whatsoever. I found this part of the story jarring and the author never quite returned to the romance part.
All in all, a good way to escape to the Southern Seas for a lover of regency romance. I am hoping the next book in the series will be better.
Luke. Normally, I gravitate towards the female in historical romances but Luke is written with such a realistic flair that I couldn’t help but smile every time I read in his POV. He’s as endearing to me as the landscape the author describes.
My Rating: 3.5 stars
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Sea Adventures
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Sea Adventures
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Regency