Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Hot Pursuit: A Novel forum

Who is in this book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 8, 2009 7:36:08 AM PDT
Suzanne Brockmannn usually posts a list of characters who will appear in her upcoming books on her site, but I didn't see anything for this one.

The blurb mentions, Sam, Alyssa,Jules, Kenny, Savanah and the Dentist. I'm really hoping for more Izzy; I missed him in the last book. Anybody know if he'll show up here?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2009 1:33:02 PM PDT
M. Tomlin says:
According the Suz's News-letter Izzy will be in this book, along with some POV from Dan "Gilligan' Gillman, along with J. Lopez. I "think" (but am not sure) that Izzy's POV will also be in the book as well, but she did say that he would be a featured character.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2009 7:05:31 AM PDT
Ashley says:
According to Brockmann's latest newsletter Izzy will be back, and as a POV character:

"HOT PURSUIT is told from the perspective of Alyssa, Sam, Jenn, Robin, Izzy, and Gillman."

Apparently Jules, Lopez, Tony Vlachic, and some new characters will also be featured, just not as POV.

Posted on Jul 10, 2009 5:48:53 AM PDT
Thank you!

Posted on Jul 11, 2009 8:43:31 PM PDT
Arch says:
I can't wait for the book to come out. I need my Sam fix.

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 12:26:52 PM PDT
Michele J says:
I just read the book....my library has it early....it's only a 5 day loaner...but I finished it in 2 days...If anyone reads it...let me know who Tony V's love interest is!

Most excellent book so far! More will be coming after this book for Izzy and Eden...then I think she's taking a break

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 7:22:07 PM PDT
GFR says:
actually a link on B&N says that Hot Pursuit will be the last of the Troubleshooter books for 'quite awhile'. There will be a 'non-troubleshooter' bookl released next year. Looks as if anyone who is anyone in Team 16 and Troubleshooters will have an appearance --- sort of like the chorus line on Broadway.

Posted on Jul 19, 2009 4:49:53 PM PDT
Arch says:
I can't wait until my library gets the book. I aiming to read it, strictly for Sam and Alyssa and Ash.

Posted on Jul 26, 2009 7:33:40 AM PDT
Beth says:
I don't like Eden. I really don't like her.

I am so waiting for the Lopez fall in love story. He is great and always steady and willing to help. I wonder what type of woman he would fall in love with. I am awaiting Hot Pursuit. And I truly hope for this series to continue on and on. I love this series. These people are like friends who check in once a year and bring me up-to-date w/what's going on in their lives. I love these characters.

Posted on Jul 26, 2009 8:04:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2009 8:04:38 AM PDT
Arch says:
A buddy of mine thinks that Suzanne might pair Lopez with Dr. Jo. I truly hope not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2009 11:35:49 AM PDT
Julie BG says:
I certainly hope Dr. Jo and Lopez are not going to be paired. Right now I don't like or trust her, so I'll have to wait until I finish Dark of Knight.
If it is true that Hot Pursuit is it for a while that will be dissapointing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2009 1:48:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 27, 2009 1:49:57 PM PDT
Beth says:
Oh my gosh- Lopez with Dr. Jo. No nonononooooo... I still don't even know if she is a good person. I just don't trust her. The way her character is written, there seems to be a hidden aspect to her. Lopez needs someone zesty. Dr. Jo is to boring and double speak.

I just reread Dark of Night while waiting for Hot Pursuit and I just have to say I love Deck & Tracy. I had a thought that they would make a great couple when reading Lindsey & Mark's story- gosh, I forgot the name of the book. Wish we would see more of Jones. He is a great character.

Posted on Jul 27, 2009 2:50:10 PM PDT
Arch says:
I've re-checked out Dark Of Night from the library a few weeks ago and fell in love with Dave even the more.

Posted on Jul 28, 2009 4:51:31 PM PDT
P. Genzer says:
I just watched an interview with Susanne Brockmann. She said Izzy's book is next Troubleshooters book out. The link below will take you to it. It's a 4 part interview.
http://www.bordersmedia.com/trueromance/brockmann

Posted on Jul 28, 2009 5:05:00 PM PDT
Arch says:
Izzy is either going to be with Eden or Suzanne will hook him up with someone else.

Posted on Jul 28, 2009 6:34:21 PM PDT
P. Genzer says:
Ok, I watched all the other video interviews that were listed below the Suzanne one and I have to say they were very enjoyable.
So enjoyable that I now have to buy more books! Crap!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2009 7:46:05 PM PDT
I am looking for the same thing. I was thinking Adam...he lives in LA.....

Posted on Jul 29, 2009 10:46:09 AM PDT
in the authors note I'm pretty sure Suzanne admits that Tony is with Adam

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2009 11:12:48 AM PDT
Michele J says:
Adam who was Robin's first love?? ahhhhh...got it now...thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2009 2:20:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2009 2:22:26 PM PDT
Robin was never in love with Adam. However, they did hook up a time or two. Robin stopped seeing Adam because he was afraid that Adam was falling in love with him. Jules was the one that thought he was in love with Adams during the "Hot Target" period....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2009 9:29:35 AM PDT
Julie BG says:
Besides Sam and Alissa, Jules and Robin are favorites.
Superb writing and story line.

Posted on Jul 30, 2009 9:47:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2009 9:48:31 AM PDT
Arch says:
Besides Sam and Alyssa, my other couple is Dave and Sophia.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jules. But, I can't read him with the same sex.(I don't read those storylines from any other author's book. It has to be opposite sex.). I like that he loves Alyssa and Sam and they are his best friends. I like his single interaction he has with Alyssa, Sam or both.

I like Jones. I would love to see him and Sam work together. Sam always wanted to recruit Jones.

I like Wildcard and Martel and of course Noah. Lindsey is cool as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2009 3:01:48 PM PDT
Sam says:
OK, I just read everyones posts, and hope you don't mind my 2 cents on a couple different post all in this one!
Jules was totally in love with Adam. Then they broke up, got back together, broke up. Then Adam seduced Robin, was his first lover, when Jules wanted to be, but wouldn't allow himself to be. Then they got their HEA. Then Adam reappeared in their book when they were getting married, can't remember the name, and Tony met Adam in that book. Yuck. Adam just has never been NICE! Everyone has issues, and Suzanne seems to go out of her way to show everyone's issues, but keep them real. But I really don't like Adam! He's just not nice. :)
I never would have thought I'd be reading gay romance, not that I have anything against it, but I want the fantasy that I'm that hot chick that HE (the lead) wants! :) But I love Jules, I love Robin, and I love reading what's going on in their lives.
As far as favorites, of course Sam and Alyssa, and unlike many others I never saw Sophia with anyone OTHER than Dave. Marrying your best friend ROCKS!!! Who better to match up with Sophia. I even liked Deck and the mature version of Tracy (people change). Loved that book even more the second time I read it. I didn't see Deck as a submissive, more that he OCCASIONALLY like to be told what to do. And really, who wants to run the show EVERY time. I read some of the reviews and kept waiting for the kink, they were so harsh. I just thought it was hot. :)
I really enjoy reading Lindsey's book. I have to say I thought Savannah's book drug out a bit, but I really love those underdog men who have soft hearts, so Jones really did it for me.
As far as Danny goes, I think he's no different than everyone else, he was hurt, kept a distance, learned how to get (some) like many other men do, but now has found love. In real life I'd feel bad for Jenni because becoming part of that dysfunctional family would really stink. So complicated, ugg.
I truelly hope we see more Troubleshooters after SB gets her break from the series. I understand the need to get away for a bit though.
Sam

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2009 10:43:31 PM PDT
Arch says:
Sam:

"As far as favorites, of course Sam and Alyssa, and unlike many others I never saw Sophia with anyone OTHER than Dave. Marrying your best friend ROCKS!!! Who better to match up with Sophia."

I knew that Sophia was going to wind up with Dave. I've seen the signs in the books they were in.

I love best friend turn lovers stories. Of course the story has to be a catcher and the characters have to be believable and Dave and Sophia fit those shoes.

Dave is the perfect man for Sophia. They make a cute couple and now they are having a baby. How cute. I hope to learn more about their family life in later books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2009 6:28:34 AM PDT
Sam says:
I think the thing that threw everyone is he's quiet, not the sexy guy (looks and actions) like say Nash, who EVERY character in the book kept saying how hot he was. And compound that with everyone being in awe of Sophia's beauty. But it was Sophia's heart that needed Dave. He's way intelligent, kind, and has the ability to be gentle. HEA. :)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Jul 8, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Hot Pursuit: A Novel
Hot Pursuit: A Novel by Suzanne Brockmann (Hardcover - July 28, 2009)
4.0 out of 5 stars (84)