Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Anna Karenina forum

Who knows what Verklempt means?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 24, 2009, 3:25:47 PM PDT
Each day I'll post a Yiddish word for you to ponder and the next day I'll give you the answer.
Fun, Fun, Fun

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 7:03:11 AM PDT
Noseeums says:
spoken just the way it looks like it would, with the accent on the second syllable. The only time I ever heard it was on a comedy show in which a guy (the voice of Shrek, Mike Meyers? ) played a middle-aged Jewish lady who was always verklempt, which I figured from the context means flustered, surprised, upset.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Anna Karenina forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Sep 24, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Anna Karenina
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (Paperback - May 2004)
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,810)