Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Whole Detox: A 21-Day Personalized Program to Break Through Barriers in Every Area of Your Life Hardcover – March 8, 2016
|New from||Used from|
"Neverworld Wake" by Marisha Pessl
Read the absorbing new psychological suspense thriller from acclaimed New York Times bestselling author Marisha Pessl. Pre-order today
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
“For detox to work, it needs to address the ‘whole self’. I am excited to see Dr. Deanna Minich has written Whole Detox for this very reason. Quite frankly, I think that she is the perfect person to talk about detox in this new ‘whole’ kind of way.” (Mark Hyman, bestselling author and Director of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine)
Within her book Whole Detox, the reader will find the best of Dr. Minich and an opportunity to improve their health through the wisdom she provides from both her extensive research and clinical applications. (Jeffrey Bland, Ph.D., Preseident: Personalized Lifestyle Medicine Institute)
“I love the approach of Whole Detox, which looks at you as a whole person-a complex body, mind and spirit comprised of interrelated systems that, when in balance, provide the key to complete health and wellness.” (Sara Gottfried, MD, New York Times bestselling author of The Hormone Reset Diet)
“Whole Detox is an empowering, enlightening read-a practical manual for cleansing, healing, and thriving.” (Dr. Frank Lipman, New York Times bestselling author of The New Health Rules)
“Whole Detox redefines detox in a colorful, holistic way that heals not just the body, but the whole being. Deanna has brought together her scientific mind and her creative soul to develop a 21-day program that can change lives and transform the human spirit.” (Alejandro Junger, MD, New York Times bestselling author of Clean, Clean Gut and Clean Eats)
“You’ll never think about detox in the same way again after reading and experiencing Whole Detox. It’s mind-body medicine meets nutritional detoxification through the spectrum of color. Genius, creative, and inspiring” (Amy Myers, MD, New York Times bestselling author of The Autoimmune Solution)
“Whole Detox offers up a comprehensive and integrative program that paves the way for re-establishing health, disease resistance and vitality. Deanna Minich guides with knowledge, expertise, experience, and most importantly, compassion. Her dedication to the art of healing is evident in every word.” (David Perlmutter, MD, author of #1 New York Times bestsellers Grain Brain and Brain Maker)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now on to why I only gave it 2 stars.
Despite claims and "resources," there is no support. There is an index of resources available, which includes places online you can (supposedly) go to and utilize while doing the detox, but the FB page for the Whole Detox no longer exists and the FB page for community support for those doing the detox is ignored and neglected. Before I started the detox I tried to join the community. A week later, my request was never answered, so I emailed an admin. Weeks later and still no response to my email or request. I've never heard from anybody.
Literally, you're on your own. I had to wing a few things because I could never get questions answered.
Also, the shopping lists are incomplete, so be sure to read through every recipe to make certain you'll have everything you need. Don't count on the shopping lists (provided on the official Whole Detox website). I did this and ended up without certain ingredients for meals in the program.
Plan to put a good bit of money into your grocery shopping when you do the detox. I'm a great cook and still found myself buying things I'd never before considered...and frankly couldn't afford. It's expensive.
If nothing else, the Whole Detox is a great introduction to the chakras and how to take better care of yourself body, mind, and spirit. But if you're looking for something where you can get any sort of support or want a program that is laid out completely, with positively no questions left unanswered, where you can feel confident when you go out on your own, then look to something else. This one falls short in providing the help that it tells you you will get and is not as organized as most programs I've seen.
1) As a fellow nutritionist, the fact that Dr Minich has 400 references in the bibliography tells me she is a serious student, researcher, and scientist on the subject of detoxification for the spirit, soul, and body.
2) Yes, detoxification must happen on multiple-dimensional levels if we are to truly come clean and Dr Minich is brilliant in delving into the deep things, yet it is done in a very personal, encouraging way.
3) The recipes are simple, yet profound in the use of botanicals and macronutrients that have a very, very powerful effect in sweeping toxins out of our body. Having personally gone through the program the recipes are spot on in their efficacy.
4) Dr Minich elucidates the seven systems of energy, moving through them with great clarity and incite.
5) The all-encompassing program leaves no stone unturned as it covers affirmations, meditations, yoga, other forms of movement, guided visualizations, the beautiful, healing use of color, the foods which includes the use of spices, botanicals, our body's need for protein especially during a time of detoxification, etc
6) Dr Minich gives many suggestions of adjunct ways we should be detoxifying such as the use of a far infrared sauna, forest bathing, even crying.
7) And lastly, she gives you steps what to do after the 21-day program is done so you know how to reintroduce those foods you abstained from during the cleanse.
The recipes, designed for both omnivores and vegans have been carefully developed to provide great nutrient content while also matching the seven systems of full-spectrum health that the program takes you through. This is a great book that I highly recommend. I know from my own experience I found this program life changing and a great program to include in your life twice per year.