- Paperback: 257 pages
- Publisher: Heinemann (March 2, 1992)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0435087231
- ISBN-13: 978-0435087234
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 0.7 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,419,534 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Whole Language for Second Language Learners
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Top customer reviews
1. To show why whole language is important for all learners, especially second language learners.
2. To provide examples of teachers applying whole language across different grade levels and with students from a variety of linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
3. To analyze from a whole language perspective traditional methods of teaching a second language.
Each chapter contrasts a commonsense assumption about teaching second language students with whole language alternatives.
Readers will gain an understanding of how to apply whole language in classrooms where some or all of the students speak English as another language.