- File Size: 340 KB
- Print Length: 89 pages
- Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (April 27, 2012)
- Publication Date: April 27, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007TWL920
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#972,998 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #613 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Collections & Anthologies
- #624 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- #3093 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Mystery & Suspense
|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
Save $0.48 (16%)
Whole Pieces (7 Hours) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Haytham "Hawk" Wilson is a bitter man. He is the sole survivor of an attack that took place many years ago and his time on earth is ending. Thomas Constant pays him a visit and gives him the option of living seven more hours, going back in time and reliving seven hours, or accepting reality and dying now. Hawk jumps at the opportunity to go back to that fateful day and change the outcome. How can he convey what needs to be done without sounding like a crazy man? Is it really his place to change the outcome? He knows the boy has to die to save his team and he is ready for that challenge...until he arrives there and lets his emotions get involved. What would you do with 7 hours?
I love how Ronie Kendig stuck with her traditional writing form to include military "heroes" in this story. She has a vast knowledge of military lifestyles and does an excellent job to portray thoughts and feelings that Hawk is experiencing during his 7 hours.
I highly recommend this quick, yet riveting read by an amazing author!
This is the second book I have read in the 7 Hours series and I have to say I am hooked! I love the fact that each author brings their specific genre to this idea. Ronie Kendig writes military-type books and I loved her installment to the series. Throughout the story you could feel Hawk's emotions. From the bitterness he felt at being the only one left alive but yet body broken, to the desperation to go back and hopefully change the outcome of the night. I definitely am a fan of this series and of Ronie Kendig's writing.
This was the fifth story in the 7 Hour series that I've read and it was hard not to compare them all and it's that comparison that has driven my rating of 4. Perhaps if I had read it as a standalone piece I may have rated it a 5.
Three aspects of Ronie's writing particularly grabbed me in this story. Firstly, she made me feel like I was in the bunker with Hawk (the main character) and his company. In a military situation this was incredibly compelling as I was ducking for cover as the bullets started flying.
The second aspect was how she treated Thomas Constant, the antagonist of the 7 Hour series. Interesting name choice by as he is the one and only "constant" across each story. Is he a bad guy, or not? I don't want to write any more as it may sway future readers. But Ronie managed this character quite differently to the other four that I've read.
Third and finally how she introduced malevolent evil in the story was powerful in its reality.
Great job Ronie. This is a quick read and at $1.99 is super value for money.
Will it work? And if it does, what else might be altered?
Read and find out!
I love Ronie Kendig's writing, and I think she could write just about anything. She has a way of writing and making you feel like you're right there (which is kind of scary in some situations!) But I really enjoyed this story, it's short, won't take too long to read, and definitely worth the $2.99!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Mystery & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Anthologies & Literature Collections
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Mystery & Suspense