Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 6, 2017
I love this cane sugar for several reasons. I'm not sure why I stopped using white sugar. I just wanted to try something different or maybe it was I mistakenly read how they make it white, but after 50 some years of white sugar use It was time for a change.

This was not my first choice but when I got to this one I decided it was my last choice. I think I bought those locally. Glad amazon carries it.

I like the taste in my coffee which is my main use. I can't really say it is better, but it certainly is not worse than other choices. It seems to dissolve fairly well in coffee, at least it I can say it is not any worse than other sugars i have used. I like the color. The granules are an acceptable size. I have not had a problem with it clumping up like white sugar does sometimes. Overall it just gives me a better feeling.

I had used a couple of the 4 pound bags at home. I decide that when I used up my supply of white sugar at the office, I'd start using this sugar there too. The problem I have at the office is I'm limited on space so i didn't want a 4 pound bag or larger on my counter there. I had been using like 1 pound paper cans of white sugar which didn't take up much space. So I decided to try the 1 pound bag in their place. I found on amazon I could by 12 of the 1 pound bags for about the same price (just a little more) as 3 of the 4 pound bags which would be same amount of sugar, so the price is reasonable. After using the 1 pound bags at work I decided that was the way to go for convenience as it ended up easy to handle and pour sugar directly out of the bag. Even though they are zip-lock type bags at work I just use a couple of spring clips to seal one, as it make it easier to get into frequently and I can seal it overnight so no creepy crawlies invade. I found also that when pouring from the one pound bag was easy using one hand to hold the bag and one hand to hold the opening so it forms a small pour spout and then shake the whole bag a little and sugar slides easily out but not too fast as to have too much in my coffee. It also did not make a mess with extra sugar spilling out like those round paper type cans of sugar do as some was always left on the top of the can. I also got good at timing my poor so I don't have to use a spoon either to measure it out so these smaller bags are great, take up less space and are easy to handle. i keep one open and open on standby. when I use up one I carry the empty home as a reminder to bring another full bag.

I liked this brand and size of the dozen 1 pound bags that I started a subscribe and save order with this product and don't have to worry about running out and also I can't get this smaller more convenient size locally.
I love this brand! It can be a little on the expensive side sometimes, but you can catch it on sale with Amazon prime pantry like I did and it's no more expensive than some other sugars. I will specifically buy this brand in the future simply because they are one of the few sugar brands I have been able to find that actually certifies their products vegan. No gross bone char in this stuff. Thanks wholesome!!
This is a really flavorful and tasty sugar. I bought it to make kombucha (which is why I bought such a large size), but have also been using it for baking.

I like the fact that it's organic, Fair Trade, and also vegan (so it hasn't been processed by running it through animal char/bones).

I'll definitely be buying more from this brand!
on July 23, 2017
This has a hint of molasses and white the granules aren't as large as the turbinado sugar, it taste equally delicious. I've used it in my coffee along with stevia and it has wonderful flavor. I'm loving all the white sugar alternatives as I've never heard anything good about white sugar. It seems like I'm using less of these alternatives but maybe it's the huge size of the individual granules
I've been buying this sugar from Amazon for a little over a year now and it has never disappointed.

It works great in beverages or recipes. I use it in cookies, brownies, breads, and all sorts of things. The sugar is a light brown, and is not as sweet as white table sugar, but it has never adversely effected my recipes. The granules are larger than typical table sugar, but that too has not been an issue in baking. If I'm making a light and fluffy dessert I grind the sugar in my food processor to make it finer.

The packaging is tough and resealable. I've never had any packaging issues.

All in all... ethical sugar that won't disappoint.
on March 17, 2017
I like this sugar not only because it's organically produced, but also because the larger size of the crystals, while still dissolving perfectly, works really well for things like a coating on cookies. The crystal size means it sticks to the exterior of a cookie very well, and it makes for a great texture.
on April 11, 2013
I usually buy organic cane sugar at the local grocery, and it is a finer grain than this brand. This product is fine for using in hot tea or coffee, but it is not good for baking. After baking cookies, each bite was a grainy disaster! Might as well take a handful of the sugar and crunch on it, same texture. I made some hot fudge sauce, and even though it was heated, the sauce was even a bit on the granular side. I regret that I ordered this as subscribe and save item, so received a bulk order - grainy cookies for months to come! The next time I will know to order one bag and try it before making the leap to have a large quantity shipped!
on March 20, 2015
I use this sugar for making my Kombucha tea. It's a nice organic sugar that's not overly processed. No GMO's, no pesticides, no chemical fertilizers and it is vegan. This is much more healthy for you than highly processed sugar and absolutely more healthy for you than any of the artificial sweeteners on the market.
on July 31, 2016
Great product, but I like the turbinado better. This was a little too blonde for me and had very little cane sugar smell or taste, which I love from the turbinado. Otherwise, absolutely great product.
on December 19, 2016
I always use this for making Kombucha. I tried sucanat and other organic sweeteners, but always come back to this one. Now I no longer have regular white sugar in the house and use this for almost everything calling for white sugar. It may not have the mineral content that some reviewers mention, but the flavor doesn't overwhelm my Kombucha. This is a better price than buying it in the supermarket.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.