|Price:||$23.39 ($0.24 / Ounce) + $7.97 shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days. Ships from and sold by netMart in easy-to-open packaging.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.47 shipping
+ $2.25 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Wholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Organic Powdered Sugar, 16-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 6)
- Organic - sustainably grown and harvested without chemical fertilizers and pesticides
- Fairtrade to support farmers and their families around the world
- Non-GMO - No genetically modified organisms
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Brand
- Founded in 1995 in Sugar Land, Texas, Wholesome Sweeteners supplies the American market the highest quality natural and organic sweeteners from around the world.
- Wholesome Sweeteners pioneered efforts to bring sugar and honey into the Fair Trade movement and was the first to bring Fair Trade Certified sweeteners to American markets. Wholesome Sweeteners now offers a wide range of Fair Trade Certified, organic and natural sweeteners produced by traditional methods from natures best resources.
The Fair Trade Certified™ logo represents Wholesome's commi™ent to consumers that a fair premium price is paid to the farmers cooperatives that supply Wholesomes Fair Trade products.
Since initiating the Fair Trade Certified program in 2005, Wholesome Sweeteners has paid more than $800,000 directly to Fair Trade cooperative partners in Costa Rica, Malawi, Mexico and Paraguay. Fair Trade means that farmers can send their kids to school, keep their land, develop the quality of their harvest and build thriving communities.
Beyond the parameters of Fair Trade Certification, Wholesome selects suppliers based on a demonstrated commi™ent to social responsibility and community outreach.
Wholesome Sweeteners' ethos is shaped by a deep concern for the long-term health of the planet and all of its inhabitants.
The USDA Organic logo is Wholesome's promise that we hold every product to the highest environmental standard. Each product bearing the USDA Organic logo has been grown and milled to USDA Organic standards, without the aid of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides or chemicals.
Wholesome uses traditional methods:
- Fair Trade certification includes a commitment to sustainable agriculture. In recent years, unprecedented acreage has been converted from conventional agriculture to organic cultivation, reducing exposure to pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- From the seed stock to harvest, our sugar cane is cultivated and harvested by hand and grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides.
- Wholesomes cane fields are never burned. During the harvest, trimmings are allowed to stay where they fall, decomposing naturally, returning nutrients to the soil, helping protect topsoil and ground water and providing habitat for wildlife.
- At the small mills in Costa Rica, Malawi and Paraguay, our sweeteners are made simply and the spent sugar cane, called bagasse, is often recycled as fuel to generate electricity for the mill and nearby villages.
- Deep in Southern Mexicos jungles, honeybees browse on lush wildflowers without exposure to antibiotics or chemicals.
Persons with corn sensitivites should not consume powdered sugar with cornstarch added.
Organic Evaporated Cane Juice (organic sugar); organic cornstarch or organic tapioca
Use as a 1-for-1 replacement to conventionally refined powdered or confectioner's sugar
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
It is VERY necessary to put this powdered sugar through a sifter before mixing it with other ingredients. Otherwise, it will not result in a smooth texture (e.g. frosting). Thank you to whomever shared that tip!
Definitely recommend this powdered sugar!
I also used it to make icing and that came out without clumps. So, the sugars ok, but it's got to be sifted if you don't plan on mixing it with any liquids.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am a fairly frequent baker, and I've been in the process of transforming my pantry to 100% organic baking and cooking ingredients over the past few years. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Watson
I was so happy to find a powdered sugar without the added cornstarch and without the chalky taste! Received my shipment today and I had to taste it right away. Meh..... Read morePublished 9 months ago by E.D.T.
Slowly making switch to all organic products. This is really good brown sugar, great for baking. Amazon price is the best I've found.Published 9 months ago by Aaron2491
LUV this stuff. Works perfectly for a brown sugar replacement and the directions are correct, you only use half of what the recipe calls for.Published 10 months ago by Carli
It's quite fine textured and works well in all my recipes, whilst the other brands I've tried are too granular.Worked well in my cream-cheese frosting.Published 10 months ago by Angela
Love having a corn free item available when so hard to find!Published 10 months ago by Julie R. Winters