Wholesome Sweeteners Fairtrade Organic Powdered Sugar is made from 100% certified organic sugar cane, grown and produced without the use of herbicides, pesticides or chemicals. Our powdered sugar is made by simply grinding our Fairtrade Organic Sugar to a fine, fluffy powder (12x) and adding 3% organic tapioca to prevent clumping. Unlike refined white powdered sugar with its overpowering, chalky sweetness, Wholesome Sweeteners Fairtrade Organic Powdered Sugar retains a bit of the cane's natural molasses to give a smooth, mellow and rounded flavour. Many moms like that this organic powdered sugar is corn-free too. It is perfect for cookies, frostings, fillings, dusting, and baking. Use as a one-for-one replacement for refined powdered sugar. Try dusting whole grain waffles, French toast, or stuffed crepes with a bit of Organic Powdered Sugar for a special breakfast treat. When making simple water icing, the organic powdered sugar gives a faint golden colour and delectable mellow toffee flavour derived from the natural molasses retained in the unrefined, unbleached organic sugar. The Fairtrade Certified logo is Wholesome Sweeteners' guarantee that our farming cooperatives are paid directly for the cane grown and milled. This means that farmers can compete with factory farms, cultivate the quality of their crops, send their kids to school and build thriving communities. Thank you for choosing Wholesome Sweeteners and helping to make the world a sweeter place.
About the Brand
Wholesome Sweeteners brings the very best of nature's sweetness to you and your family every day. Wholesome believes in traditional ways, artisanal products and a very light environmental footprint. After searching the world for the best products, Wholesome has focused on the tropics, where the climate and conditions are just right for growing organic sweeteners. With Fair Trade Certified™ organic and natural sweeteners from Central and South America and Africa, Wholesome is committed to making the world a sweeter place, one spoonful at a time.
- Founded in 1995 in Sugar Land, Texas, Wholesome Sweeteners supplies the American market the highest quality natural and organic sweeteners from around the world.
- Wholesome Sweeteners pioneered efforts to bring sugar and honey into the Fair Trade movement and was the first to bring Fair Trade Certified sweeteners to American markets. Wholesome Sweeteners now offers a wide range of Fair Trade Certified, organic and natural sweeteners produced by traditional methods from natures best resources.
|Fair Trade Certification is a promise that: |
- Farmers cooperatives are paid directly (no middlemen).
- The members receive a fair and reliable set price for their crops.
- The cooperative has access to loans and additional premiums for community and business development.
- Its trade, not aid. Cooperatives decide how the money is invested; the only stipulation is that every member has a vote in how the inves™ent is made.
The Fair Trade Certified™ logo represents Wholesome's commi™ent to consumers that a fair premium price is paid to the farmers cooperatives that supply Wholesomes Fair Trade products.
Since initiating the Fair Trade Certified program in 2005, Wholesome Sweeteners has paid more than $800,000 directly to Fair Trade cooperative partners in Costa Rica, Malawi, Mexico and Paraguay. Fair Trade means that farmers can send their kids to school, keep their land, develop the quality of their harvest and build thriving communities.
Beyond the parameters of Fair Trade Certification, Wholesome selects suppliers based on a demonstrated commi™ent to social responsibility and community outreach.
Wholesome Sweeteners' ethos is shaped by a deep concern for the long-term health of the planet and all of its inhabitants.
The USDA Organic logo is Wholesome's promise that we hold every product to the highest environmental standard. Each product bearing the USDA Organic logo has been grown and milled to USDA Organic standards, without the aid of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides or chemicals.
Wholesome uses traditional methods:
- Fair Trade certification includes a commitment to sustainable agriculture. In recent years, unprecedented acreage has been converted from conventional agriculture to organic cultivation, reducing exposure to pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- From the seed stock to harvest, our sugar cane is cultivated and harvested by hand and grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides.
- Wholesomes cane fields are never burned. During the harvest, trimmings are allowed to stay where they fall, decomposing naturally, returning nutrients to the soil, helping protect topsoil and ground water and providing habitat for wildlife.
- At the small mills in Costa Rica, Malawi and Paraguay, our sweeteners are made simply and the spent sugar cane, called bagasse, is often recycled as fuel to generate electricity for the mill and nearby villages.
- Deep in Southern Mexicos jungles, honeybees browse on lush wildflowers without exposure to antibiotics or chemicals.