Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
on August 18, 2015
In the last 9 months my husband and I have been removing refined sugars and flours from our diets. Since doing so he has noticed a significant change in my overall health. I am no longer sick all the time as I was for years before. I was plagued with stomach aches, nausea and migraines. We started using honey to cook with but not every recipe can use honey. After lots of research I chose Sucanat as a brown sugar replacement. I really do love this stuff. I have found it best to let the Sucanat sit in the liquid you are mixing it with first so it can dissolve (It takes a few minutes with occasional whisking) and you may have to add a tad bit more liquid to compensate; not much though. It makes some phenomenal pancakes when cooked in coconut oil. It has an "Island" taste to it. I have not had a bad batch of this sugar yet and I'm sure if I did, Wholesome Sweeteners would rectify it. I now order Organic Cane Sugar from Wholesome Sweeteners to replace refined white in my cooking as well. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to go a more natural route in cooking. It has a pleasant smell and natural molasses taste that I really had never experienced before with store bought brown sugar. The price on Amazon is unbeatable to what you pay for this stuff at the grocery store also.
on May 12, 2014
This is sugar with a PERSONALITY. The first time I ever opened the bag and smelled it i was knocked over and was a little worried about using it. After I tried it I was hooked. It's really a nice sugar and I feel like I'm eating something that is a little bit better than refined white sugar. Not sure if it is better for the environment, but it seems like it would take less processing to bring it to market.

I also like the ziplock bag top. I use it in everything, mostly morning coffee... but it's also great in baking cookies. I did make cheese cake with it and it turned the cheesecake a caramel color. It did affect the flavor, so you lose a bit of the delicacy in flavor for that particular type of thing, but some people like it even better. If you like that carmelish taste, this sugar is worth a try!
on January 9, 2014
This is whole sugar cane juice, with a rich and deep flavor, much stronger than "sugar in the raw." It's easy to measure and does not dry out like supermarket "brown sugar" (which is really just white sugar with a little molasses added for color and flavor). It's easy on my blood sugar; I am sensitive to sugar, and when I eat this, I don't notice as big a sugar spike as with other types of sugar. And it's grown, harvested and sold fairly. A must have for any natural pantry.
on February 28, 2014
I wanted to get a healthier sub for brown sugar and after research chose this. It is great. A different texture to be sure and darker. It does not taste as sweet if you have a pinch. I have used it 1 for 1 in brownies with no trouble, and also in home made BBQ sauce. Perfect. Little diet changes help and though we eat a small dessert in our house, we eat no other sugar and really enjoy rich flavors that products like this impart.
on February 9, 2014
I have tried one other bulk sucanat from a local health store but like this brand much better. Nice sweet taste. Although still expensive at 4 dollars a pound this is the lowest price I have found...so far. Hopefully the price will only get lower as more people discover the benefits of using this product. Fair trade and organic also keeps me with this company. Please keep up the good work.......
on August 30, 2014
Just had my Sucanat replenished with several more bags, but the new bags smell TERRIBLE when opened. It is an overwhelming noxious odor and they don't taste anything like the last batch of Sucanat I ordered, which I loved. The cyrstals are a different shade of brown, and a different size, too. Not very happy!
on May 11, 2017
There is no better more natural tasting sugar then this and I have tried so many brands!
on May 4, 2014
I usually love brand of sucanat and I just ordered 12 bags of it because I have always been very happy with it. It has always tasted and acted like regular sugar when baking. However, the sucanat in these bags tastes burnt. I made a batch of brownies with it and no one in my family of six would eat them because they tasted burnt and it overwhelmed the chocolate flavor.
on May 18, 2011
This sucanat is sooo good! I use it for baking and for my coffee. Organic Sucanat has a great molasses flavor that adds complexity to your cookies. Even when I make my normal oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies, they fly off the plate. Since the granules are dark, it will make your lighter baked goods, darker. I made blondie brownies with this sugar, and they came out rather dark - but the flavor was very good. I highly recommend this as a natural sugar substitute.
on March 3, 2017
Will never use anything else

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.