Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 121 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 161 reviews
on May 22, 2017
I'm a gamer (own over 200 games) and have been trying to find games for my 5 year old daughter. The problem with most kids games is that they are boring for the adult. Well, this game is actually a lot of fun and my daughter absolutely loves it! We played it about 4 times and she quickly got the hang of it by the end of the first play through. In fact, she didn't want to stop playing it! There are 3 difficulty levels, so as your kid learns and adapts, you will be able to make it more challenging. Easy was incredibly easy, so we quickly upped the difficulty to medium, which is perfect. We lost 1 game and then won 2 games on the medium difficulty. But both games we won came down to the wire! The production and quality is very good and my daughter loves the interaction/voices of the animals. It requires a lot of memorization, so it can help young kids (and probably adults) to write down the clues you get, but me and my daughter do just fine without it. Its actually a lot of fun when you forget a clue and have to go back and figure out what to do, because the game is timed. I think each turn is considered to be "10 minutes" and on the medium difficulty, you only have "6 hours" to solve the mystery. That means you get 36 before the game ends. 36 turns might sound like a lot, but when a turn only lasts a few seconds, it goes by really quickly. It only takes about 30 minutes to play and my daughter just eats it up every minute of it. Highly recommend!!!
on January 19, 2015
Wow! This game is amazing! we got it for Christmas and it has been played with more than anything else! It's a little bit like clue and guess who but the computer makes the set-up and process a lot less complicated. Because the computer in the electronic chest will remember where they have been and what they have already done, and announces what to do next, it makes the game very easy to play. I love that the little kids can play without adult help, but I also love to play with them! All four of my kids were playing today while I worked at the computer and I really wanted to go play too. I can't say enough about the fact that THE KIDS CAN PLAY IT BY THEMSELVES. Plus, you can make it harder once everyone understands how the logic puzzle works. We have not beaten it on hard yet even with just me and my 11-year-old playing.
on April 6, 2017
If you like Clue, but only have two people this game is perfect. It is challenging enough on difficult to keep me interested and easy enough for my daughter. The directions could be a bit more clear on game-play but it is true to just let the game answer the questions unanswered in the directions.
on February 18, 2012
MY 7 and 4 year old love this game - and so do I and my husband. We enjoy all playing together - it is a relatively quick game (30-45 minutes) at the simplest level and the middle difficulty level. I am sure you have understood the principles from other reviews - you travel around a castle, looking in rooms for clues to find who stole a missing magic ring - and asking animals questions and feeding them to get their eye witness accounts (eliminting suspects). We copied the practice of some other comments and put the food tokens next to the animals when fed to make it easier to recall where we have been and what we have done.
Our 4 year old loves the ghost figure moving around more than anything - and if we want her to focus more on the clue seeking we switch out her figure for a disney princess figure (yes I know) and spin a tale around the heroics of the princess in saving everyone. This turns the memory clue game also into a fun story for her - and it is different every time as the clues are randomly generated. Well sort of anyway - the short people are always elimnated first -but enough to keep the kids happy.
Excellent fun for the family. Sometimes we play twice if the game goes too quickly - and our 7 year old plays it alone sometimes. I can see though that it might be a little simple for say 10 and up. But as I said my husband still enjoys it (says something about him perhaps).
on December 25, 2011
Somehow, on Christmas morning I managed to drag my children away from their new video games to give this game a go. We have a variety of gaming interests in our house, from video games to collectible card games and board games, so finding a happy medium has been a challenge. My kids are 7 and 9, so we wanted a game that wasn't too complicated or long but that could keep the interest of the youngest and also the adults.

While the rules could be a bit better written, it's not difficult to figure out what needs to happen. The construction of the game itself is excellent- heavy cardboard, good paper stock, heavy plastic. Caution though, this game cannot be used a shield against a fire breathing dragon, a trampoline or as a floatation device. Outside of that though, you should be alright. The ring may eventually be pilfered by one of my girls, but I can't blame the game for being pretty. ;)

The talking treasure chest satisfies that gadgety urge of our tech savvy kids, the strategy makes the adults happy and the cooperative play evens out the playing field. Really, it's everything I could have asked for out of a game that I bought at a calculated risk.
on January 3, 2016
Hands down, this is the coolest board game our family of five has ever played. We have kids from 4-10, and I will tell you that the game is a hit with all age groups and the adults. After about 20 minutes of reading of the directions and learning the game you are off to a pretty cool adventure. The magical box that is the heart of the game seems to add a great deal of random play and there are tons of solutions, so there is no real way to very know the outcome. I would highly recommend this to any family that wants a change for the standard board game fair looking for something new!
on August 8, 2014
Great game, it has a lot of theme and atmosphere (not often found on Reiner Knizia's games, he is an amazing game designer but tends to be very dry theme wise). Kids and grown ups love it, it keeps everyone engaged, and builds a lot of tension. Definitely deserves all the awards it has won, it's one of our children most beloved boardgames and I believe it's one of those that they'll remember fondly when they grow up. The board, the bits, all the details are beautifully done, every little detail helps the kids get immersed. Their faces the first time we played, when I opened the box and out came the magic ring was priceless. A must buy.
on April 27, 2017
This is the most played game in our house. I rarely like sitting down for family game time, but this one I'll play. We've only played it on hard once, but managed to win. I change the difficulty depending on now much time we have to play. I've recommended this game to all my parent friends.
on February 12, 2017
Got this for our 10yo daughter. She loves this game. It is actually entertaining for the adults as well. A great coop game for the whole family. Daughter loves to be the one in charge of the box and it's simple enough for her and easily younger kids to work and feel as though they are in charge of the game.
on July 30, 2014
Fun (enough) game, the 6 year old loves it. It gets a bit repetitive after awhile, so it's not a game I want to play every day or really every month, but it's a good, solid game that's different, easy to learn, entertaining, and fun. We've only played the easy level, so maybe it would be better for us to try the medium or hard levels. If you're an adult, you know how hard it is to find a game that's good for both young kids and adults, and this one is easy enough to figure out in a few moments, with a quick set up, yet different enough so you're not bored with it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.