Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 70 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 131 reviews
on February 10, 2013
This was really a great book. It keeps your attention this book was about a prostitute that had a son and she named him "Whoreson". He grows up knowing his mother profession. His mother got sick and he had to do what he had to do to help his mother. As he got older he wanted to be a pimp and that's just what he did, at the age of 16. He was mean. It also shows as he got older how his life was and how he use women to get what he wanted. If you haven't read this book please do you will really enjoy it.

Sistahs on Lit
on February 19, 2016
This is probably one of my most favorite books of all time (close tie with Black Girl Lost). I am a big Goines fan but this book has always stuck with me. I've had to reorder it repeatedly because it gets stolen. You will not be disappointed. I read the book when I was younger in one sitting. It really holds your attention. The characters are so real...you'll swear you know them.
on May 21, 2017
DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE!!!!!
on September 30, 2014
This book is my favorite novel of all times in the world. I've read it several times already. The words are put together in a way that you can almost picture that you're there in the story. I mostly needed it so that I can put it up with my collections of my other favorites and of course to have it at my fingertips if I ever wanted to read it AGAIN!
on December 21, 2012
THIS BOOK WAS FANTASTIC!!!! I HAVE NEVER, AND I REPEAT NEVER READ A BOOK SO RAW AND VIVID THAT IT ACTUALLY MAKES YOU WISH YOU WERE A FLY ON THE WALL DURING THOSE TIMES. WHORESON IS AN EXTREMELY GOOD BOOK, THAT GIVES YOU INSIGHT TO THE LIFE AND TIMES OF A YOUNG PIMP/HUSTLER. IT LEAVES NOTHING TO THE IMAGINATION, AND IT BRINGS YOU ALONG FOR THE RIDE. FROM SHOOTING DICE, THREE CARD MOLLY AND COAT HANGERS, WHORESON LEAVES YOU KNOWING AND UNDERSTANDING THE DEFINITON OF "PIMPIN AINT EASY".
on October 16, 2015
good book
on June 2, 2015
I love Donald coined books so of course I loved this one, they are just so brutal and crazy. I'm mostly writing a review though because if how happy I was with the price and how fast it was shipped. I was do happy to get the book only a few days after ordering.
on March 1, 2003
I chose this book because a friend of mine recommended it to me. This was my first book by Donald Goines and I read it all in one day!!!!!!I opened this book and was sucked into the world of Whoreson,the half-white child of a prostitute. His story of the things that happened to him as he grew into a young pimp will be sure to keep you on the edge of your seat. His picture is vivid as you are taken on a journey through the poverty-stricken streets of the ghetto. I do not want to tell you the story and spoil it for you but I will say this: I GUARANTEE that you will enjoy this book and you will not want it to END. Do yourself a favor and purchase this book.
on January 4, 2013
This is a very well written novel. And what makes it so exceptional is that it is based on real life events that the author witnessed during his lifetime.It is not a book full of the niceties of life, it follows the society of the sex industry in African America. Sad that one had to live this life, but it is a reality for many. Once you start reading the novel...it is hard to put down until you are finished.
on September 29, 2016
my favorite DONALD GOINES book .Masterpiece..started from the bottom and work thru trials ans tribulations