Salon Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 21, 2015
It's a great John Candy flick. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Candys. One question arose when I opened my package with the dvd inside. Why didn't I receive the 25th Anniversary series dvd that I purchased? I was sent the plain jane ordinary version.
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 4, 2014
Arrived on time and in excellent condition. Movie is about case that is high profile and the people actually involved needed to find an inept detective with in there own to assign or so they thought. Thru interesting turns and sum fumbling around ends up piecing together and solving the case. John Candy is as usual funny funny wit and unusual pattern of portrayal that he gives his characters. A fun family movie for viewing in the evening. I enjoyed it and added it to my collection and I think you might also. I recommend this movie and seller.
on February 17, 2010
Those of you looking for a serious drama mystery, look elsewhere. This is only for it intended audiences, young audiences with budding imaginations. John Candy get the job done taking the audience on a delightful, funny ride... Seriously. He's a fumbling private detective on a mission to save a girl. He gets himself into very funny situations only to succeed showcasing his humilty, charm and odd wit. He is definately the heart of this story. Kids will roar with laughter and remember this movie out of all of the 'no hearted' movies they ingest today. Wonderfully accomplished.
on November 14, 2015
DVD arrived very quicky! Perfect condition! This movie will be a wonderful addition to my thanksgiving holiday! I've seen it about 467 times and still love it! I love John Candy, thank you :)
on October 8, 2017
Most of John Candy's stuff was funny. This was no exception. Delivery as promised
on October 9, 2014
This is my absolute favorite John Candy movie. It wasn't his best in the box office, but it is my personal favorite. Stupid comedy at its best here. My kids loved it too - had to mute a few places and FF in one spot (the adult book store scene) but otherwise funny movie for all.
on February 17, 2014
I cannot believe I had not seen this movie before recently...John Candy is a laugh riot as usual while playing the hapless eponymous private detective, solving cases the only was he knows how - with slapstick hilarity and side splitting visual gags. Fun for the whole family, highly recommended.
on June 23, 2015
I am a great fan of John Candy. I was deeply saddened of his passing, and so young. This movie is a riot, certainly all of his movies to me are
a riot. I LOVE JOHN CANDY.
4 people found this helpful
on August 24, 2016
JOhn Candy is amazing!! I love this movie!! It makes me laugh all the time! It needs to be listed as one of the best movies ever written! 80s movies rock!!!
on March 7, 2018
It's John Candy-always 5 stars.