Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Who's Pulling Your Strings?: How to Break the Cycle of Manipulation and Regain Control of Your Life Paperback – September 12, 2004
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"She helps readers recognize manipulation, and assess and reduce their own vulnerability, and teaches resistance tactics to use when faced with manipulation."
From the Back Cover
A powerful program to free yourself from manipulators--and regain control of your life
Millions of people, both men and women, can become involved in relationships with manipulators--people who control through emotional manipulation, insults, and mind games. These "toxic" relationships erode self-esteem and make life miserable for the victim. Whether the manipulator is a relative, a spouse or romantic partner, a boss, coworker, or subordinate, or even a trusted friend or advisor, Dr. Harriet B. Braiker, bestselling author of The Disease to Please, shows you how to break this damaging cycle for good.
Who's Pulling Your Strings? will help you end a current destructive relationship, understand how it occurred--and prevent you from ever getting involved in a manipulative relationship again. Using revealing self-assessment quizzes, action plans, and how-to exercises, Dr. Braiker empowers you to:
- Recognize the signs of a manipulative relationship
- Spot manipulators and their typical ways of operating
- Assess your own vulnerability to manipulation
- Identify the 7 main "Head Games" manipulators play
- Utilize effective resistance tactics against manipulator's efforts
- Transform yourself from a "soft" to a "hardened" target
- Extricate yourself from manipulative relationships that do not change
- Protect yourself from falling prey to manipulators' control in the future
- Stop others from pulling your strings once and for all
With insight, compassionate advice, and self-affirming strategies, Dr. Braiker helps you end any manipulative relationship and regain control of your life--starting right now.