Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
on December 31, 2012
"When asked to rate happiness in relation to things like work, finances, personal life, and place on a 1-to-5 scale, place scored 3.63, behind personal life (4.08) and work (3.98) but ahead of finances (3.46)."

For most of our history, migration has been involuntary. Yet, as Richard Florida points out, it is one of the most important factors in determining the satisfaction with our life - in fact, it tops the charts! So, are you happy with where you are living? Was the location where you're currently living a conscious choice? Is there a place where you could be happier? And what makes a good community, or a place to live anyway? As you might guess, there are no absolute answers to any of these questions. But, there are good answers for each stage of your life.

This book provides a great framework to get you to think about all of these questions within the context of your own life. As they say, location, location, location. While I "understood" this implicitly, I don't think I appreciated the importance of this observation until I've read this book. Highly recommend it. It just might change your life, by changing where or how you live.
on February 12, 2013
We all begin our lives in cities or towns where we survive childhood and adolescence, but as adults, we learn we have choices on where to live. This book provides readers with insight on how to make those selections. I will be retiring soon, and while I like my current town, the environment does not stimulate my intellect. Florida has helped confirm I need to live in the Pacific Northwest.
on March 19, 2017
This book really helped me to figure out where I could live in the U.S. and not feel out of place.
on September 20, 2017
Great book
on March 31, 2016
A little dry and possibly needs to be updated but an excellent perspective on the reasons that we live where we do or should move.
on March 30, 2016
It provides me a useful framework to evaluate a place. Highly recommend to anyone who's choosing their place to live.
on December 29, 2014
excellent summary of the distinction among cities and those with the best prospects for future prosperity. Based on a person's skill set, Florida helps align those skills and interests with regions to consider.
on January 7, 2015
It's an econ book, but a much easier one to read than a text book. The condition was great!
on July 9, 2015
Decent book on how you may rank the cities for yourself to choose where to live in. A bit repetetive though.
on August 22, 2016