Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 1, 2012
This is a fabulous book. It is told in a wonderful narrative style, imparting a wealth of very insightful, actionable information with the touch of the writer's heart for the people that constitute the subject of this book. I highly recommend it. In addition, I always love the mention the packaging from Amazon. Often when I order books from other sellers, they come bent or not quite new looking. This never happens when shipped from Amazon. I gladly pay a little more for a book if it shipped by Amazon for this reason...and love the prime membership...free-two-day shipping.
on November 23, 2016
Informative and insight approach to making a long term change in peoples lives. I found the latter part of the book most instructive and the initial chapters can be scanned over for those who work in this field.
on August 27, 2015
It's a little dry, but an interesting concept. The author is visiting our community and we are doing a book study on this. I question the validity of the power of the approach, but it is a really great concept. Hard to make changes in the poverty "can of worms."
on July 16, 2012
I could not put this book down. Not only is it thorough,it minces no words when it talks about early failures of the program, what worked, what still works, what didn't and what won't. I want to see this happen in our town of 15,000. What an incredible gift they've given to their city, its inhabitants and anyone who wants to attempt to replicate their success.
on August 28, 2015
This book opened my eyes to the many obstacles that the poor and homeless encounter every day. The work that needs to be done may seem to much, but the people at Cincinnati works have a proven way to make changes to people.
on December 31, 2012
Great book! It approaches from the direction that most well meaning and kind people have about low income people. It expands to slowly reveal the complexity of the structure that keeps people in the low income rat race.
on September 18, 2013
Based on another book we had purchased, this one was recommended by Amazon. I don't usually purchase books I don't know something about, but this time I did, and I was pleased with that decision.
on May 12, 2015
Excellent and well written. Very insightful.
on November 16, 2015
Very good insight into why it is so hard to break out of poverty but also how it can be done.
on December 5, 2012
In the middle of the book. Well written, insightful and a noble mission. I highly recommend this book to anyone that has an interest in making an impact on generational poverty.