Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on October 22, 2016
This is appropriate for all ages. I use it as the first lesson in a series for first and second graders about art and artists, leading to guided drawing of Blue (of any color) Dog, Anything-but-blue dog puppet, and painting/ drawing a favorite subject (usually their own dog, cat, goldfish) in a variety of unexpected settings/colors. I plan it with the 'pets' unit for primary grades. The possibilities are endless. They never forget Blue Dog, or George.
on April 9, 2017
Great book for children (and some adults, too) who are interested in learning about the Blue Dog.
on January 4, 2015
I am an art teacher and my fifth graders were really taken with this book and the artist. I originally bought the book to show them examples of the painting Blue Dog by artist Georges Rodrigue because we were working on a painting based on it. It was a super bonus to find the book made not only a great reference for the artist, but is also an entertaining picture book with simple, predictable text loved by my five-year old grandson, as well as ten and eleven year olds.
on August 12, 2017
Good
on August 14, 2017
Love all The Blue Dog books. Just returned from a trip to New Orleans and had gone to the Rodrigue gallery on Royal Street to see the original paintings. Bought this book as a gift for a little friend of mine.
on July 18, 2016
I bought this for an end of the year project for my 1st grade art classes. They loved it! The pictures are great and the narration is unique. The kids all drew their own blue dogs and made up their own colors. I like the way it teaches color.
on June 14, 2015
Such a fun book. I bought this to use for an art project in my child's school class. We did it as an Art Docent at school doing a Blue Dog lesson on George Rodrigue and Blue Dog (some Cajun history and Louisiana history). The kids love it as an introduction and to spark their creativity.
on January 19, 2016
I bought this book for my 2 and 3 year old nephews. They Loooooooove Blue Dog! This book was perfect for them. They now think all dogs should be blue lol. The pictures are very vivid and this book is very well done.
on February 22, 2014
We love everything about Blue Dog. We have several of George Rodrique's pieces and so our granddaughters especially enjoyed Why is Blue Dog Blue. It is not only a good, simple story for children, it is also a wonderful part of our collection.
on December 3, 2016
Cute book! Students love trying to guess which color comes next.