Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 26, 2017
2 years ago, this book completely changed my life.
This is a lengthy review because that's how much of an impact this book has made for me.

First off, let me start by telling you about me. I'm in my 20s, educated, and have a great career. I always had confidence but I never knew how to bring it out and when I did, I was scared of coming off "too strong," or hurt someone's feeling. This book shifted my mindset completey.

It was 2015 and I had felt like I met the love of my life. He was charming, tall, sunkissed complexion, well established, funny, and not to be served for America - how much more can I get? I pinched myself constantly. As the weeks went by, the curiosity of me finding someone "so perfect" that was single started to dawn on me. I just couldn't believe how so unexpected, I had met "the love of my life."
To ease my curiosity, I repeatedly asked if was seeing someone, whom, after many repeated questions he finally say "Yes. But I met her 2 weeks before you and I just don't know what to do." I felt like my whole world crash down within 2 minutes. I asked him "What is it about her you like?" He mentioned things about her that this book had mentioned, "She has a life of her own, she doesn't need me but wants me and she's just a BITCH. But in a good way - I can't explain it!" At the time I didn't realize why he was drawn to her. I questioned, "A bitch? Who wants to date a bitch? Who wants to date something that doesn't invest time in you?" But when we finally met.. I realized why.
Long story short, I ran out his house crying so hard I lost my balance and hit the floor, on my hands and knees. I looked back to see he wasn't chasing me, but instead shaking his head in disappointment. I went to my car, shut the door, and sat there crying on my steering wheel in broad daylight. After my tears sobered up, I felt angry because I knew this wasn't who I was (to cry over a guy) and how stupid I looked.
I decided to go to a bookstore to read on "self help" books, I was that serious on NEVER EVER crying over a guy. He was my first and my last. I came across this book and what caught my attention was "BITCH". The words of him describing the other girl played in my head over and over - I HAD to read this book.
Within 2 days I finished the book and my life did a complete 180. I must admit today it's still a power struggle but I am no longer that "weak" girl who's "scared" of being confident because it's going to "offend" someone. I am utterly myself with no regrets.
This book isn't about how to get a man (which is honestly why I read it based on the title) but a book of self-empowerment and how to drive that energy into full gear. It was the push I needed to drive my little ego up the wall. It helps mold you into whom you want to be without telling you who you HAVE to be. Don't be that girl that cares about what he thinks, says or do. Don't be that girl that waits 3 hours on a date to find out he stood you up. DON'T BE "THAT" GIRL.
After reading this book I realized the whole time I was "THAT" girl, and the other girl was the BITCH.

I highly recommend this book so much. It's not boring and it's so insightful. It's not the "cliche" advice you hear. It helps you handle difficult situations from relationships to sex to even why he does things.

Remember, men wear the pants, but woman control the zipper :)
11 comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2013
I am going through the situation of the doormat girl after living with my now ex bf for 3 years (together for 4)He was persistent about us living together and took care of me in every aspect. I just lived there and was happy and pitched in by paying for groceries and other little things here and there. Things became routine and I lost myself in the relationship. I moved out and feel like I'm not walking on egg shells or drained. We both realized we took advantage of each other and are working on ourselves independently and giving each other space until so we can be happy again. This book opened my eyes and took away the love blinds.
on May 25, 2017
This book mirrors the truth, what life is really like between men and women. It is not about all the fluff, it really hits home with common sense and hard hitting advice that is timeless.
on June 28, 2017
Interesting material and arrived in good shape.
on April 6, 2015
Funny and amazingly intelligent.
Must read for every girl !
Reading this before could have saved several relationships.

It's a light funny read so doesn't feel like work reading it.
on August 23, 2017
Love the book I read half of it in a day I still have to finish it
on July 12, 2017
A must have for young ladies to read!!
on December 24, 2016
Good laugh and great information for women....especially for older women starting to date after a divorce. I purchased as a gift to a girlfriend re-entering the dating market.
on April 26, 2017
This is by far one of the best books I've read and let me tell you, it works and works great. Lots of humor as well.
on July 30, 2011
First of all, I ordered this book on Wednesday and received it Friday (with standard shipping), so that was FANTASTIC. Second, I read this entire book in ONE day because I could not put it down. This GEM of a book described me so perfectly is was both eerie and very reassuring. For years, I kept wondering if it was "me" that was sabotaging my relationships and in many ways, YES, it was! But that's because I accepted the unacceptable instead of putting myself first and knowing that I deserve the best and don't have to settle for a guy's out-of-line behavior. I am so happy I ordered this book and HIGHLY recommend it to any women who finds herself trying too hard in an unfulfilling relationship. This book will leave you feeling strong, self-assured, confident, and IN CONTROL of your life and your happiness. AMAZING!!!