Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Why no HDMI Does anyone know?
asked by Adam Woodrum on December 22, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Why yes HDMI? DVI is fine, and you can get a HDMI converter cord for Macs for like $4. Monoprice 104852 Mini-DVI to HDMI Adapter (104852)
Photoguy answered on December 25, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yeah, it DOES have HDMI, as Photoguy said... you just need the adaptor, that's all -- that way you can choose VGA or HDMI.
G Alan WIlliams answered on December 30, 2009

A
I have an older mac mini from 2006 and I have it hooked up to my HDTV via mini-dvi to dvi to cable...total cost was 35 all together for the cables including an audio cable. Works great!
Jessica Reynolds answered on January 22, 2010

A
HDMI can transfer audio as well. Picture quality is the same as DVI, yes, but sometimes I just want fewer cords coming out of my stuff.
Patrick Quinn answered on March 26, 2010

A
HDMI is a licensed technology. Apple would have to pay royalty fees to the HDMI group in order to use it. They chose to use their own standard instead. So now you need about $40 in additional adapters and cables to have hdmi into you tv/monitor with sound.
D. Ulibarri answered on May 1, 2010

A
A DVI to HDMI cord can cause problems with overscanning, at least with my television.
Jacob Dyer answered on June 1, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product