Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Red Dead Redemption forum

Why is the price still so high???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 22, 2010, 12:43:28 PM PDT
007 says:
After a month the price of a new game usual drops to 45$. I want this game but 60$ is too much!!! Anyone know why its still so high or when it will come down a bit?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2010, 12:51:36 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 22, 2010, 12:52:31 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 22, 2010, 12:53:15 PM PDT
Check out Ebay.. you can get it brand new sealed for about 45 or get a used copy for under 40... You just have to be willing to go through the whole bidding process.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2010, 8:37:15 AM PDT
Patrick Lee says:
The game has been out for just a over a month (going by your post date) and is raking in sales, I wouldn't hold my breath for a price cut anytime soon...

Posted on Jul 2, 2010, 2:44:17 PM PDT
I got mine on sale @ NewEgg shortly after it's release on sale for $49 and this week I got A new sealed copy for my Dad in a snipe on eBAY for 42.01+3.99 shipping. Just search froogle.com everyday and/or try eBAy. Happy hunting.
-Yoda

Posted on Jul 13, 2010, 6:32:30 AM PDT
It is still a high-selling game. Just like MW2 is still 60 bucks new and 55 used at gamestop. (I know ebay and other places are cheaper) People are still paying $60 for it and they will keep it there for a while.

Posted on Jul 13, 2010, 10:52:28 AM PDT
Sonofhaig says:
It's called "Capitalism".... ya know that whole "supply and demand" thing....

Posted on Jul 13, 2010, 1:27:36 PM PDT
007 says:
Ordered a few days ago on Amazon for 45. Glad I did too because the price is back to 60!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2010, 5:38:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2010, 5:45:34 AM PDT
Good work Double-O-Seven! (Just had to say it!)

Like I said before it just takes patience and perseverance. Search Google/Products and check eBay regularly. I got my personal copy from Egghead for $50 (free shipping) shortly after release and I got my Dad's copy off of eBay a couple of weeks ago (new and sealed) for $46 (42.01 plus 3.99 Shipping. I sniped it with 2 seconds left to go by .01 hehehe)

BTW I'll be 35 in Oct and my Dad just turned 68 (I got RDR for his b-day) so all this crap about these games really being made for/aimed at kids is a joke. To quote a Rockstar's Lazlow Jones "If you're a parent and (you) buy one of our games for your child you're a terrible parent."

In fact straight from the ESA fact sheet - "The average game player is 35 years old and has been playing games for (at least) 12 years. The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 39 years old."

Suck on that Jack Thompson! While your at it JT suck on DEEZ NUTS, you pathetic disbarred bastard!

All that said, I do let my 13 /yo nephew play RDR's co-op with me. I'm reluctant to let him play the SP story. Although he *is* very well adjusted and not the type of kid who would go gunning down Nuns or tying women to train tracks if he did play. However were he to play I would observe him just as we observe him when he uses the Internet. (However I wouldn't let him play GTA until he's 17/18) Parents just need to be parents for Cripes sake!
-Yoda
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Red Dead Redemption forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 14, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption by Rockstar Games (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (921)