Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 7, 2009, 6:50:58 AM PDT
Lana B. says:
The story was good but I think it could have been written better without all the foul language, suicide references, disrespect to God, and drug references. Its refreshing to read a book without all the poor language uses and this book disappointed me in this respect. The story could have been great alone without the poor writing.

Edit your post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
The story was good but I think it could have been written better without all the foul language, suicide references, disrespect to God, and drug references. Its refreshing to read a book without all the poor language uses and this book disappointed me in this respect. The story could have been great alone without the poor writing. Guidelines

Posted on Sep 8, 2009, 11:11:31 AM PDT
jules says:
ook, I'm all for using the King's English at most times, esp. throughout a novel. (Lots of dialogue) but you are looking at this line of tragic events through your own set of strict moral values. Are you quite aware that there are thousands of people who, while they have a wide vocabulary; while under stress, and sometimes JUST cuz it feels RIGHT, let a string of expletives go. And no one dies or goes deaf. It is just not how YOU live.
I am SO sick of people assuming that tragedy or even life's difficulties "should be" handled the way THEY would. Or just living life every day doing the every day things we all do. You decided these fictional people were using too many bad words, taking too many pills and swearing too much.
Well baby, WHO ASKED YOU? Why don't you do this? Try asking the writer, if possibly this was in the plot purposefully, to evidence the daughter's struggle even FURTHER.
This world is a giant pot of mixed up different types with all types of defense mechanisms; some quite unhealthy. Remember that lesson they taught you in church about understanding things from another's view? Walk a mile in another'smoccosins to know their struggle right? Try that before you judge ANYONE for those behaviors again. That is what Christ would do.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Sep 7, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 8, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
My Sister's Keeper
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (Hardcover - October 11, 2004)
4.5 out of 5 stars (3,800)