Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Wii Sports forum

Why would you ever buy this???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2008 11:43:27 AM PDT
Jake says:
I don't know why amazon would allow third-parties to participate in what is obviously a way to scam new or potential Wii owners. WII SPORTS COMES WITH EVERY WII, PEOPLE! I realize many people buying Wiis may not realize this until their system arrives, but don't fall for this. Don't waste your money unless you lost or damaged the copy of Wii Sports that came with your Wii.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2008 7:58:19 AM PDT
Jay J. Kim says:
actually the japanese version of the wii console does not ship with wii sports. So the Japanese users as well as the import community would be highly interested in this item.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2008 8:22:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 9, 2008 8:23:16 AM PDT
Jake says:
Fair enough, I didn't know that. It just seemed strange to me. It still isn't clear from the listing that the game is included free with every U.S. Wii, so I'm guessing a lot of people are buying this unnecessarily. But I guess I was just lumping sellers in with the people who advertise "5 Free Games" (meaning Wii Sports) when selling their Wiis on eBay. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2008 9:03:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2008 8:51:50 PM PDT
Tsanche says:
Well, you probably won't have to buy this, but consider that someone might have to replace their copy because they broke their disc or it doesn't work anymore. And bringing ebay into the equation, it's possible that you could buy a Wii off ebay and the seller would take the game out of the box and make you buy it separately. So no one should really have to buy it brand new, but if they had to replace their copy or they got ripped off by a seller, it would suck not to have it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2008 5:46:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2008 5:48:31 PM PDT
Donovan says:
my wii never even came with wii sports. plus, underneath the price it has a customer notice which says u should only buy this if ur wii sports disc is damaged or u need a new copy

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2008 5:53:00 PM PDT
Jake says:
The "customer notice" wasn't there when I posted back in May...maybe it was posted as a result of complaints or comments?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2008 3:34:13 PM PDT
M. Ward says:
Lots of people are buying used Wiis and may not get Wii Sports....as for the "greed" of sellers on the internet, it's simple supply and demand. If I list the game for 25 bucks right now it will sell within an hour because someone will buy it. And by the way, Amazon will take a sizable commission so it's not like the seller gets all that money. So it's expensive because people will pay that much for it. Gamestop sells the game for really cheap if you can find it there (their website lets you check stores in your area, and you can bookmark the page and check it each morning to see if your local store has a copy.) Some people don't have the patience to wait and will pay a little extra to get a copy. There must be thousands upon thousands of consumers who use Amazon, and only so many resellers or gamers who got tired of theirs. Supply and demand.
The same thing happened on Amazon when the Wii first came out right before Christmas two years ago. People were shocked that sellers were charging hundreds of dollars. But no one is making you buy it here, and the fact is that there are people who apparently can afford to spend this much on this game. I don't get it either, but then again it is the BEST game for the Wii.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2009 2:14:19 AM PST
Susurration says:
Japanese Wiis and American Wii Sports wouldn't be compatable due to region lock out. However, there are people that mod to allow for it. Though I would assume if you're going to make your console region free with a mod you'd buy a cheaper local one which comes w/ the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2010 7:36:30 PM PST
R. Winner says:
Or you can buy a replacement copy on Nintendo's online store for $15.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2011 11:36:16 AM PDT
Sweden says:
I think some people want to buy this because they bought a Wii used and it didn't come with it.

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 2:41:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2011 2:41:51 PM PDT
Steely Blue says:
I bought a brand new US Wii Console with Mario Kart Wii Bundle - Black, and I did not receive Wii Sports -- neither the disc nor a preinstalled version.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 9:10:22 PM PDT
Kuehnau says:
New models of the Wii does not come with Wii Sports anymore. It usually comes with Mario Kart or New Super Mario Bros.

I know a friend who wants this but cannot find it.

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 10:37:19 PM PST
I understand your point about people possibly being duped into buying something they already have, but in our case, our puppy got hold of the copy that came with our Wii, so we are buying this to replace the one that was destroyed. We also have a 4 year old, so I would guess this is not the last copy we will buy!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wii Sports forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  May 7, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Sports
Wii Sports by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.4 out of 5 stars (701)