Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner with Storage Bag
|Price:||$447.37 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$152.62 (25%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Three operational modes: air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier
- Full thermostatic control (61°F - 89°F) with digital readout, 24 hour programmable timer
- Remote control, carbon air filter, washable pre-filter, and product manual packaged inside exhaust hose
- Dehumidifying capacity of 101 pints per day, 3 fan speeds. Includes extendable exhaust and intake hose (up to 60") and window kit (up to 46")
- Maximum power consumption: 1250 W / 10.8 A . Power supply: 115 V / 60Hz / 1 Phase . Max. window kit length = 46" , Min. window kit length = 20".
- This model has cool function only and doesn't have heater
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
This unit features advanced self-evaporating technology, which uses and recycles moisture collected during the cooling process to produce cool air and minimize condensate build-up. It also features an auto-restart function which it automatically restarts on the previous settings after power outage. Additionally, the unit can also be programmed with a 24hr timer to activate or shut-off at preset times. This unit also features a separate dehumidifying mode that enables it to be used as a room dehumidifier as needed. A Carbon air filter and washable pre-filter are equipped standard on this air conditioner to help keep the cooled air cleaner and fresher.
Whynter 14000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
Specifically designed to be mobile and powerful, the Whynter ARC-14S portable air conditioner can be easily setup This portable air conditioner is the ideal solution for the warm spots in your home, office, server room, and other high-cooling demand settings.
CFC-free refrigerant and lead-free RoHS compliant components
Carbon air filter and washable pre-filter.
Non ozone-depleting refrigerant: R410a.
Power consumption: 1250 Watts / 10.8 Amps.
Design & Performance
Three operational modes: Air conditioner, Fan or Dehumidifier.
Dehumidifying Capacity: 101 Pts / day.
Upper and lower direct drain option for continuous operation without excess condensate accumulation.
Casters for easy mobility.
Adjustable digital thermostat control range from 61° - 89°F.
Self-Evaporative System - exhausts most or all condensate under average ambient conditions.
Auto restart after power outage.
24 hour programmable timer.
Protective cover with storage pocket for user manual and remote control.
|Operational modes||Auto, Cool, Dehumidify, and Fan||Auto, Cool, Dehumidify, and Fan||Cool, Dehumidify, and Fan||Auto, Cool, Dehumidify, Heat, and Fan||Auto, Cool, Dehumidify, and Fan||Auto, Cool, Dehumidify, Heat, and Fan|
|Dehumidifying Capacity||81 pints/ day||61 pints/ day||76 pints/ day||101 pints/ day||91 pints/ day||91 pints/ day|
|Temperature Range||61°F - 89°F||62°F - 88°F||61°F - 89°F||61°F - 89°F||61°F - 89°F||61°F - 89°F|
|Air Filter||Carbon air filter and washable pre-filter||3M and SilverShield Filter||Carbon air filter and washable pre-filter||Carbon air filter and washable pre-filter||Carbon air filter and washable pre-filter||3M Antimicrobial air filter and washable pre-filter|
|Drain Options||Continuous and Manual||Continuous and Manual||Continuous and Manual||Continuous and Manual||Continuous and Manual||Continuous and Manual|
|Noise level||< 56 dBA||< 55 dBA||< 52 dBA||< 56 dBA||< 56 dBA||< 56 dBA|
|Air Flow (at high speed)||300 m3/h / 177 CFM||497 m3/h / 292 CFM||264 m3/h / 155 CFM||360 m3/h / 222 CFM||320 m3/h / 188 CFM||384 m3/h / 226 CFM|
|Power consumption||1040W / 9.5A||1355W / 11.8A||1000W / 9.0A||1250W / 10.8A||1180W / 10.8A||1250W / 10.8A|
|Unit dimensions||17.3” W x 15.4“ D x 30.5” H||18.5" W x 18.75" D x 30.25" H||17" W x 16" D x 29.5" H||19" W x 16" D x 35.5" H||17.3” W x 15.4" D x 30.5” H||19" W x 16" D x 35.5" H|
Whynter ECO-FRIENDLY 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
Compare to similar items
This item Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner with Storage Bag
LG LP0817WSR 8,000 BTU 115V Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control in White Portable Air Conditioner
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Platinum And Black|Black||White||Platinum And Black|Black||White||Platinum/Black||White|
|Item Dimensions||19 x 16 x 35.5 in||16.9 x 12.8 x 27.4 in||19 x 16 x 35.5 in||18.1 x 15.2 x 29.4 in||19 x 16 x 35.5 in||20 x 16.5 x 34 in|
Top customer reviews
I made a few modifications given my previous experience with these units and would like to share them with you:
1. I added a filter to the INTAKE side. I bought a sheet of basic air filter (this is a washable DuPont carbon air filter). Often the reason units stop working is they become dirty in the bowels of the machine you just cant get to and a cheap filter goes a long way to extending the units life.
2. I REALLY made an effort with the window installation. The units I've had in the past came with a sticky on one side foam strip to bridge the inevitable gap which allows air through. My only complaint with this unit is that it did not come with one of these (why I subtracted one star). So what I did - and it worked brilliantly - was to use the foam packing that the unit came in. It came with two densities and worked perfectly using dble sided sticky tape and a Stanley knife on the top, bottom and sides.
3. My third tip is about emptying the water. Nothing comes with unit to help. What you need it a shallow rimmed dish (The Ikea KALAS plate is PERFECT) and a smoothie straw (Bed Bath & Beyond) which is just wider diameter straw cut to desired length. This fits the spout like a glove. It can be done alone but better with two people. When emptying you will need the shallow dish, a straw and a container to toss the water into so you're not dashing to the kitchen 5-10 times. Have one person at the back - I use my 9 year old - and one larger person a the front. With shallow dish and straw in place the larger in front person tips the unit towards the rear. The rear person says when to stop and will empty the shallow dish into the other container with out having to get up then tell the 'tipper' when to resume. Do this till empty.
4. This unit comes with two holes, one intake and one venting. There is a flaw in the design in that the exit holes out the window are RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. Imagine two mouths glued side by side one inhaling one exhaling. The inhaling/intake side is going to breath IN the hot exhaled/venting air. What I did was to saw off a portion of the PVC slider (it was just going in the bin) and attach it like a wing between both outside holes. Perfect!
Many have made mention of the noise. The sound doesn't bother me and I have it next to my desk where I work all day in my living room. It' very subjective.
I have tried to attach 8 descriptive photos. Yes, I would recommend this product.
Here is a helpful Whynter YouTube video installation video: [...]
2016 UPDATE: I ordered this in June of 2013. I was prepared for disappointment as I'd had two other units (different brands) that were utter disappointments. It's three years later and each year I pull this unit out of the closet it fires up flawlessly after a less than 10 minutes of install time done no less by my 11 year old. I have however, changed how I handle the filters. The same (filter) sheet I initially bought is still providing the material needed. I now only cut out one disc and this I place OUTSIDE/OUTDOORS. What I mean by this is that I place the filter where the air/INTAKE is from the outside NO LONGER inside the machine. This is much easier and does the trick! I will adjust the photos ASAP to show what I mean. I've received A LOT of queries about what type of filter. Don't overthink it; any filter you can cut to size that's recommended for air filtration can be used. This is an amazing unit and is the best money I've spent!!
(1) Make your own window mount!!!
The window mounts that these units come with have two major issues: (1) the intake and exhaust vents are too close together, meaning that the intake will tend to suck in some of the hot air that the exhaust is pushing out, making the AC's job that much more difficult. When you build your own window mount, you have the option of spreading these ducts out, and thus alleviating this issue. (2) the mount is very flimsy and not at all insulated, meaning you're likely to have some hot air from outside seeping in around your mount. This is especially true if you opt not to use the intake hose, because you will be pulling a vacuum on your room (air being pushed out, but not replaced with external air, meaning your room has a low pressure zone) which in turn pulls hot air in from the outside and makes it quite difficult to cool a room. Long story short, use both the intake and exhaust hoses!!! I've posted a picture of the mount I made from a sheet of sanded plywood ($14 at Home Depot), using a jigsaw (Black & Decker, $25 on amazon), and some MD 2097 weather stripping to get a good seal ($3 on amazon). This mount made a MASSIVE difference in my ability to cool the room, and came with the added benefit of blocking out light (we have shutters that had to stay all the way open for the hoses to be in place). I'm still needing to build another window mount for my second unit, but I've attached photos showing the improvement.
(2) Heat wrap your exhaust hose!
The exhaust hose on these units gets super warm when the AC unit is in operation. That heat escapes back into the room you're trying to cool, having pretty significant effects. I purchased the Reflectix DW1202504 Spiral Duct Wrap ($21 on amazon) and it was enough to do two exhaust hoses (1 for each of my AC units). There's no need to wrap your intake hose. It took a bit of work to get this wrap cut to size, especially for the curved areas (I am nowhere near a clothing manufacturer), but through some trial and error I found that a S curve in the middle of the sheet allowed the wrap to fit snug around corners. I've attached a photo of the finished product for the exhaust hose.
Reflectix DW1202504 Spiral Duct WrapM-D Building Products 2097 Low Density Foam Tape, 3/8-by-1/2-Inch-by-17 Feet, GrayBlack & Decker BDEJS300C Jig Saw, 4.5-Amp
Most recent customer reviews
I bought this unit to replace a 12k BTU window unit which cooled our first level easily, running on low during the...Read more