|Item Weight||80 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||16 x 19 x 35.5 inches|
|Item model number||ARC-14SH|
|Color||Platinum and Black|black|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||One year warranty on unit. Three year warranty on compressor.|
3 Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Whynter ARC-14SH 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner with Heater with Storage Bag
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Three operational modes: air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier. Unit dimensions: 19″ W x 16″ D x 35.5″ H
- 13,000 BTU Heating. Cooling (61°F - 89°F) and heating (61°F - 77°F) thermostatic control with digital readout, 24 hour programmable timer
- Remote control, upgraded plastic window kit (36" max.), carbon air filter and washable pre-filter included
- Dehumidifying capacity of 101 pints per day, 3 fan speeds
- Casters for easy mobility. Noise level (dBA) <56
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
This unit features advanced self-evaporating technology, which uses and recycles moisture collected during the cooling process to produce cool air and minimize condensate build-up. It also features an auto-restart function which it automatically restarts on the previous settings after power outage. Additionally, the unit can also be programmed with a 24hr timer to activate or shut-off at preset times. This unit also features a separate dehumidifying mode that enables it to be used as a room dehumidifier as needed. A Carbon air filter and washable pre-filter are equipped standard on this air conditioner to help keep the cooled air cleaner and fresher.
Whynter 14000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner with Heater
Specifically designed to be mobile and powerful, the Whynter ARC-14SH portable air conditioner can be easily setup This portable air conditioner is the ideal solution for the warm spots in your home, office, server room, and other high-cooling demand settings.
Carbon Air Filter
Carbon air filter and washable pre-filter.
Non ozone-depleting refrigerant: R410a.
Power consumption: 1250 Watts / 10.8 Amps.
Design & Performance
Three operational modes: Air conditioner, Fan or Dehumidifier.
Dehumidifying Capacity: 101 Pts / day.
Drain option for continuous operation without excess condensate accumulation.
Casters for easy mobility.
Adjustable digital thermostat control range from 61° - 89°F.
Self-Evaporative System - exhausts most or all condensate under average ambient conditions
Auto restart after power outage.
24 hour programmable timer.
Protective cover with storage pocket for user manual and remote control.
Whynter is going GREEN! With this new Eco-friendly CFC free, lead free and high enery efficiency portable air conditioner, you can stay cool while keeping with better environmental standards and reducing energy consumption. This Whynter GREEN ARC-14SH portable air conditioner features the ECO-FRIENDLY CFC free GREEN R-410A refrigerant and lead free RoHS compliant components. This unit features the patented advance auto drain technology, which uses and recycles moisture collected during the cooling process to produce cool air. The dual hose operation provides fast cooling. This unit can cool up to a 500 sq. ft. space (ambient temperature and humidity may influence optimum performance).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, packing up the 80+ lb. unit using standard shipping supplies is unrealistic if not impossible. It requires a pallet-like bottom, special cushioning, and will require industrial shipping straps to hold it together. While I did keep the original packaging for a few months after purchasing, retaining such huge packaging indefinitely is not an option for most people and shipping straps are not reusable. I honestly don’t know how I can pack this unit for shipping using what is available to me. (they gave specific no-no's for packaging using standard supplies such as foam peanuts.)
Second, I am expected to pay the cost of the shipped both ways, which I expect to be a minimum of $120 not including packaging. That’s 25% of what it cost new and I’ve only owned it 21 months. I did careful research before investing in my Whynter unit, so I certainly expected more given that it has operated in a very clean and suitable environment and has been well maintained. Whynter has offered to reimburse me $80 if I have it repaired locally by a certified HVAC technician. I don't know how that will cover it, or who works on such as specialized appliance.
Needless to say, I'm very disappointed!
For those that live in places with very moderate climates like Los Angeles where an AC is only needed a month in a year for high 90s temps, a portable AC is perfect. It can be installed in minutes and produce cold air very quickly. You will need a slightly higher BTU unit than a Window type for the same size area, but since the AC is indoors it is not exposed to the direct heat of the sun, unlike a Window type AC. And when you are done, you just take down the hose and put the AC in the Shed. If I lived in an area where it is hot for more than 2 months, I would definitely use a Central Air Conditioner.
Now here are my thoughts on this particular unit:
1. More efficient - Dual hose does not exhaust out the already cooled indoor air to cool the compressor. Pay to cool only the rooms that are being used. One hose is used for drawing outside air to cool the compressor then blows it out the exhaust hose.
2. Very cold - Recirculates cold air.
3. Does not create negative pressure so it does not draw hot outside air into the room.
4. Cools my 550 square foot living room.
5. Effective room heater.
6. Quieter compared to other Portable Acs.
7. Looks beautiful.
1. It does not have an Ambient temperature display. It only displays the Set Temperature.
This is the best Portable AC I have ever tried. It is the most efficient, quiet and coldest portable AC.
1. This unit has a 5 degree buffer from the set temperature. Once the indoor temperature goes within 5 degrees of the SET TEMPERATURE, the AC will go into something like energy saving mode. The Compressor starts turning off just to keep the temperature within 5 degrees of the set temperature.
2. You have to turn this on before the room temperature goes above the SET temperature or else the AC will use up more power and have a very difficult time lowering it to your set temperature. To give you an example of an efficient way to use this:
I looked at the weather for today and it says it will hit the high 90s. I want the temperature inside the living room to be 77 degrees maximum. I checked the indoor temperature and it is already 76. So, I will turn on the AC and set the thermostat at 72 degrees so that it will not let the temp go higher than 77.
3. Since I have been using and installing Portable Acs for more than a decade, I have found the most efficient way to install the AC.
The exhaust hose could be venting 130 Degree heat. The hose can get very hot and overwhelm any AC. Just a tip, wrap the exhaust hoses with Reflectix Insulation and Tape. Try to double or triple wrap the hose so that there is no heat escaping into the room. If you do not insulate the exhaust hose, this will be very inefficient and not be very cold. It would be the same as plugging a Window type AC and putting the unit on top of your dining table and expecting it to cool the room. The part of any AC that generates heat, has to be vented outside and isolated from the inside of the house. The hoses that come with any portable AC is thin and flexible. You need to insulate it and the whole window adapter. You should not feel any outside heat or air coming into the house from the window or hose. I strongly recommend you also buy the items below for ANY portable AC installation.
Reflectix DW1202504 Spiral Duct Wrap
Reflectix FT21024 2" x 30' Reflective Insulation Tape
******UPDATE October 23, 2014******
This is the second summer that I have used this Whynter Dual Hose and it has been great. It has not let me down. I have since bought another Dual Hose 14K Whynter and that too has helped us survive one of the hottest summer in LA on record. The only maintenance I do is wash the filter once a month and drain the water at the end of summer. This model is still very highly recommended.
******UPDATE July 27, 2016*******
My goodness how time flies. I did not realize it has been this long. Both my Whynter 14k BTUs are still working fine and still give me on the spot cooling when needed and go back into the shed when not needed.
I just thought I would also share with you another money saving tip that may work for you. I bought this Honeywell CO60PM 125 Pt. Commercial Indoor/Outdoor Portable Evaporative Air Cooler - White/Grey to experiment if it will work for cooling indoors during the hot dry days. It really works and I now team that up with my portable ACs to cool the house. Portable ACs at night and during hot humid days, and Air cooler during the Hot dry days. I now found the cheapest solution to cooling my house day and night. The Air cooler is not as good as an AC in lowering room temperature but it actually feels good during the hot dry days. Our skin doesn't dry out and my little kids do not get eczema anymore. But you must get exhaust fans or the humidity can soar. Just thought I would give you that tip. Check out my review on the Honeywell too. I hope that I have helped you.
You have to be carefull how you roll it, if you push it from the back it is top heavy and can topple over either push it backwards or sideways then face it the way you want.
I have used it 10hrs a day for 2 weeks so far and have not had to empty the water I live in humid Florida so that's gotta be a plus.
I would recommend depending on where you have it placed to go out and buy insulated tubbing that is bigger or some kind of water heater blanket and cover the Exhaust tube as it radiates heat . I bought 25' of AC\Heat tubbing for that then used some of the rest to move the exhaust away from the Intake as they are right next to each other on the outside of the window.