Whynter RPD-411WG Energy Star Portable Dehumidifier, 40-Pint
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 40 pint (18.9 liter) capacity dehumidifier
- 10 pint (4.73 liter) removable water bucket
- Auto-restart and Auto-shutoff functions
- Adjustable humidity range of 35 - 85% relative humidity
- Runs quiet with normal operating noise level below 50 dBA
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Features include a water indicator alert with automatic shut-off to let you know when the 10 pint tank is full, auto-restart feature which saves your settings during a power outage, and auto-defrosting capability to prevent frost build-up. It also features a continuous draining option available with a drain hose. Built for large capacity usage, this unit is suited for use in enclosed areas up to 2500 sq. ft.
Whynter Energy Star 40 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
Maintain a comfortable humidity level in your home or office with the Energy Star qualified Whynter Energy Star 40 Pint Portable Dehumidifier. The Whynter RPD-411WG is capable of removing up to 40 pints of moisture from the air over a 24 hour period. This compact portable dehumidifier is specifically devised for small spaces while retaining an emphasis on designer styling for the most discerning users.
Energy Star Rated & Improves Air Quality
-Energy Star-rated which provides cost-effective and energy-efficient operation
-2 in 1 silver-coated washable pre-filter combo
-Non ozone-depleting refrigerant: R410a
-Power consumption: 520 Watts / 4.7 Amps
Design & Performance
-40 pint (18.9 liter) capacity & 10 pint (4.73 liter) removable water bucket
-Auto-restart and Auto-shutoff functions
-Adjustable humidity range of 35 - 85% relative humidity
-Dual fan speeds and 24 timer function
Direct Drain option
-Direct drain option for continuous operation
-20 inch drain hose included for gravity drainage
|Dehumidifying Capacity||30 pint (14.2 liter)||40 pint (18.9 liter)||50 pint (24 liter)||70 pint (33 liter)|
|Water bucket Capacity||12 pint (5.6 liter)||10 pint (4.73 liter)||14 pint (7 liter)||18 pint (8.5 liter)|
|Humidity range||35 - 85% relative humidity||35 - 85% relative humidity||35 - 85% relative humidity||30 - 90% relative humidity|
|Low temperature operation||Y (low 40°Fs)||Y (low 40°Fs)||Y (low 40°Fs)||Y (low 40°Fs)|
|Drain Option||Manual & Continuous (Gravity) Drain||Manual & Continuous (Gravity) Drain||Manual, Continuous (Gravity) & Condensate pump Drain||Manual, Continuous (Gravity) & Condensate pump Drain|
|Filter(s)||Washable pre-filter||2 in 1 silver-coated washable pre-filter combo||2 in 1 silver-coated washable pre-filter combo||Washable pre-filter|
|Drain Hose||3' drain hose for gravity drain||20" drain hose||20" drain hose for gravity drain 16.5' drain hose for condensate pump drain||3' drain hose for gravity drain 16.5' drain hose for condensate pump drain|
|Fan Speed / Timer||2 / 24 Hrs||2 / 24 Hrs||2 / 24 Hrs||2 / 24 Hrs|
|Bucket Full Indicator||Y||Y||Y||Y|
Maintain a comfortable humidity level in your home or office with the Energy Star qualified Whynter Energy Star 40 Pint Portable Dehumidifier. The Whynter RPD-411WG has the capability of removing up to 40 pints of moisture from the air over a 24 hour period. The compact Whynter RPD-411WG is specifically devised for small spaces while retaining an emphasis on designer styling for the most discerning users. Features include a water indicator alert with automatic shut-off which lets you know when the 10 pint tank is full, auto-restart feature which saves your settings during a power outage and auto-defrosting capability to prevent frost build-up. It also features a continuous draining option available with a drain hose. This portable dehumidifier offers a removable, easy to clean 2-in-1 silver-coated washable pre-filter, heavy duty caster wheels and sturdy concealed handle allow for this portable dehumidifier to be easily moved from room to room. Built for large capacity usage, this unit is suited for use in enclosed areas up to 2500 sq. ft. Features: 40 pint (18.9 liter) capacity dehumidifier; 10 pint (4.73 liter) removable water bucket; Auto-restart and Auto-shutoff functions; Adjustable humidity range of 35 - 85% relative humidity; Low temperature operation (minimum ambient temperature low 40 Degrees); Auto-defrosting capability to prevent frost build-up inside unit; Electronic controls with humidity sensor settings; Direct drain option for continuous operation; Runs quiet with normal operating noise level below 50 dBA; Dual fan speeds and 24 timer function; 2 in 1 silver-coated washable pre-filter combo included; Handles and caster wheels for portability; Non ozone-depleting refrigerant: R410a; 20" drain hose included for gravity drainage; Air Flow (at high speed): 180 m3/h/105CFM; Power Supply: 115 V/60 Hz; Unit Dimensions: 15.25"W x 9.25"D x 22.25"H (19.5" in H when casters are not installed); UL listed and Energy Star rated.
Top Customer Reviews
It is centrally located in a 1200 foot space consisting of 1 large and 3 smaller rooms. On installation, we set the unit to 35% and the meter read a shocking 51% humidity in the house...which I guess should not surprise me, as we were experiencing 90% humidity and cold outside of Polson, MT.
The unit immediately began affecting the moisture level and by 24 hours had eliminated all of the condensation that we were experiencing.
If you are looking for a humidifier in this price range and of this capacity, then you will not be disappointed. For us, we empty the unit every 24 hours and have not had any problems with maintaining a consistent humidity level, even with all of the evening hot showers.
After using this until all winter and into the spring, I still highly recommend it as an essential home product!
You get used to it after a couple of emptying intervals and develop the technique that makes it second nature.
It will raise the room temperature by around one to two degrees but, it's a outstanding ratio verses the drop in humidity.
The noise level is noticeable but reasonable for my application.
The electricity usage is minimal considering the unit runs almost continuously.
I'm seriously considering buying another one for the rest of my house as, this unit was purchased specifically for a dedicated 28' x 15' music studio/rehearsal room where electronic equipment and musical instruments are located.
If the unit proves to have durability, it is a 100% winner.
* Very easy to set up. Just unbox, pull off the tape, remove the drain tube (unless you plan on using it), plug in, turn on, set the desired humidity level, and it's off and running.
* Full indicator LED. This is a small thing, but I have another dehumidifier like this out in the garage, and it just flashes P2 when it is full. This one flashes P2 *and* has a full LED.
* Continuous mode. This is in the bedroom, and while it is fairly quiet, you can still hear it, especially when it stops and starts. In continuous mode, you don't notice the change in background sound, and you won't be woken up by the changes.
* Auto defrost. I have another dehumidifier out in the shop, and it always ices up when the temperature is below 50F. This one will defrost if it ices up, so it can run at lower temperatures.
* Keeps the mirror in the bathroom from fogging up as easily, and keeps the windows in the bedroom clear.
* The fan doesn't seem to be balanced well? If you listen, you can hear the fan speed change as it spins, indicative of an unbalanced fan. It's not super unbalanced, but enough to hear it. Might be just the one I purchased
* It's not easy to empty. I tried pouring it into the sink, and always spilled a little. A pour spout would've been a nice addition. Even tried pouring it into the toilet, and still spilled. Next up I'll try the shower.
* The tank isn't easy to slide back in. You always have to mess with it a little. This portion could've been designed better.
* Timer. I'm not even certain why this feature is even here. If there was a way to say just run this at certain times of the day, that would make sense. I don't think I'd ever plug it in and want it to shut off in x number of hours, so for me this was a con just because it was an added expense.
We live in a 1050sf apartment in the Pacific Northwest. Mold is just a fact of life up here. We had been trying to address it using those tiny dehumidifier baskets that one fills with those expensive little white beads that absorb the water. We have 6 baskets, and they didn't seem to make much difference. After battling another bad round of mold on all the windowsills, and going through dozens of bottles of the white beads, we decided we'd had enough, and bought this dehumidifier.
We started off at 68% humidity, and programmed this device to keep the apartment around 38%.
Croly Hap! This thing takes out so much moisture! We are pouring out an entire full bucket PER DAY. It completely fills and turns itself off by evening.
We are noticing that our clothes in the closet no longer smell sour, and we aren't sneezing and blowing our noses nearly as much. Another weird coincidence--our vacuum used to smell disgusting when we ran it. Now, no smell at all! We have the dehumidifier set up in the bedroom on one end of the apartment, and it's still able to dry out every square foot across the apartment and into the far bedroom and closet at the opposite end.
We are astonished at all the positive changes we're experiencing just from reducing the humidity.
Only one con: it isn't exactly silent. It's not annoying, but it's really a bit loud for sleeping. We've taken to turning it off when we go to bed, and it goes back on in the morning (high power while we shower, then low the rest of the day).
Soooo happy with this purchase!