|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||2.2 x 1.5 x 12.5 inches|
|Item model number||50051|
|Style||WiFi Surge Protector|
|Amperage Capacity||15 A|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Usage||Indoor use only|
|Warranty Description||Limited 1-Year Warranty|
WiOn 50051 Indoor Wi-Fi Surge Protector, Monitor Energy Usage, Wireless Smart Switch Timer
|Price:||$41.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$5.94 (12%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Control electronics from anywhere, using your smartphone or tablet. Monitor energy usage and costs at anytime.
- (4) Wi-Fi Outlets are controlled as a group, they cannot be controlled seperately.
- Expand you outlet to include 6 devices (4) that are Wi-Fi controlled together and (2) that are switch controlled
- Expand your WiOn system by simply adding up to 12 smart switches
- Programming options include - multiple on/off settings, countdown, random vacation, and sunrise/sunset schedules Affordable home automation - works with your existing Wi-Fi router and free WiOn app
- Manage computers, gaming consoles, entertainment centers or any device that can be powered off when not in use for energy savings
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
WiOn Indoor Wi-Fi Controlled Outlet with Programmable timer
With the WiOn Smart Plug, automate lamps, seasonal decorations and appliances, giving your home that lived in look. It's wireless control at your fingertips – at home or on the go.
The free app works with Apple (iOS 7 and higher) or Android (4.0 and higher) smart devices. Download the app, connect your device to your smartphone using your existing Wi-Fi router. Control devices using Wi-Fi network or mobile internet (3G/4G/LTE).
- Grounded outlet
- Space saving design allows furniture to go close to the wall
- Ideal for lamps, fans, seasonal decorations
- No hub required, no monthly fees
- Programing is as simple as setting an alarm on your phone
|WiOn Outlet||WiOn Outlet with USB||WiOn Surge Protector||WiOn In-Wall Switch||WiOn Outdoor Switch||WiOn Power Stake|
|No hub required, free app||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wi-Fi enabled, turn your existing outlet into a smart switch||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Control from anywhere, at home or on the go||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Timer programs turn your electrical devices on and off||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Security random mode, so no one knows your gone||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Simple sunset or sunrise settings||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Monitor your energy use||✓||✓|
|Application Type||Indoor Plug-in||Indoor Plug-in||Indoor Plug-in||Indoor Hardwire||Outdoor Plug-in||Outdoor Plug-in|
|Number of Wi-Fi Outlets||1||1||4||2||3|
|Expand your WiOn system up to 12 switches||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Compare to similar items
Control and monitor your lights and appliances with your smartphone from anywhere with the Woods WiOn indoor surge protector! Save energy by shutting down computer peripherals when not in use, schedule lamps and a radio to turn on and keep your pet company while you’re away, monitor if your kids have the gaming console or TV on when they should be doing homework, or program holiday lights and decorations to give a festive look to your home. Simple control, all at your fingertips. With WiOn smart switches, wirelessly connect all of your favorite devices using our simple, feature-filled products. No knowledge of electrical wiring needed! No need to buy special electronics--the WiOn indoor Wi-Fi outlet retrofits your existing electrical devices to completely modernize your home, at affordable prices. Download this user-friendly app, connect your device to your smartphone using your existing Wi-Fi network, and begin controlling your device from anywhere - at home or on the go using Wi-Fi network or mobile internet (3G/4G/LTE). There are no set-up fees, no hub required, and no monthly charges. You can even expand your system to include multiple indoor and outdoor smart switches, which do anything from lighting the front porch to turning on and off outdoor holiday decorations automatically. With WiOn, wirelessly updating your home is as easy as 1-2-3!
Top customer reviews
Reduced to two stars from three after one week of usage. The phone app frequently loses connection with the device. Meaning, it can't find the device to enable me to turn it one or off manually. I have to reboot to see it. Painful.......
First off, the unit seems to be functioning as intended. Secondly, the WiFi integration, although very odd in how it was approached, did go smoothly.
The real shortcomings are twofold:
1) The product is "app based" and can only be controlled from a phone or tablet. That means, there is no way to control it from a Mac or PC, using a web site. I own several home automation products and all the others have web based portals.
2) The product software is very weak. Although it does offer an Astronomical feature (sunrise/sunset), it can't be combined with a fixed on or off time. Meaning, if you choose to turn a light on at sunset, you are forced to key the off time from sunrise. I just want to tun the light off at midnight and it will not allow it......
So, I will not recommend this product.
1. I would suggest checking your cellular data signal, the reliability of your WiOn app performance will depend on the signal strength of your cell coverage. If you have little or no bars, you drop calls in your location or can’t connect to the internet…chances are your signal strength is weak and the WiOn app may have some instability.
2. The cloud function must be enabled if you want to see your WiOn Switch when using the WiOn App from mobile internet such as 3G, 4G, LTE, public Wi-Fi network, or when using the WiOn App away from the Wi-Fi router than was used to connect the WiOn Switch.
3. Try a reboot of your WiOn Switch
4. Lastly, the router plays the most important role in the range of connecting a WiOn device. A good quality router with the most current wireless technology will have better signal coverage and better performance. We suggest 802.11ac and 802.11N based router for home use (802.11b and 802.11g are older technology). With the advance of all smart technology, it’s important to consider updating old routers.
Another factor to consider is the location of the router and if there’s any signal blockage, such as metal beams in office buildings. The most common solution when there’s the concern of range is to set-up an outdoor unit indoors or near the router, and then move the unit back outside after set-up is complete.
An ideal set-up includes:
• A good quality router with good setting location without signal blocking
• >/= -80db Wi-Fi signal level (about two signal bars displayed on your smartphone)
• Low noise, low EMI interference
Because every situation is different, distances between devices vary, and there are hundreds of wireless routers in the marketplace….use a wireless range extender or a network repeater should be considered if the above options are exhausted.
Please feel free to call our customer support number for additional help. Thank you.
1. Plug in the Wion and make sure the wifi or green led is blinking
2. Download the Wion App on your smart phone
3. Open you wifi setting on your phone and select the Wion SSID. It should look like ECO-xxxxxxxx (I don't know why they couldn't name it more obvious. Like Wion-Eco-xxx)
4. Open the Wion App, then it should detect the Wion device. Follow the instruction to set it up
5. Close the App. Make sure it's closed the app completely from App manager on your phone
6. Open the Wion App again. It should then let you setup your "HOME" wifi connection
7. Select your wifi SSID and password. Once done, the app should change your wifi setting and you should now be connected back to your home wifi
At least these steps worked for me. Otherwise, you would have contact Woods support and good luck with that. If you don't want to waste your time and go through all this trouble, I suggest get some other brands who actually take time testing their devices and provide clear instructions.
Programmable-set an On and Off time and one or multiple days of the week. Countdown-Set a specific On and Off time and Date. Timer can run run for Days,Weeks or Months. Astronomical-Sunrise and Sunset option plus time can be varied up to 3 Hours and 59 Minutes before or after the event. Vacation Random-3 options here, Night 6PM-11PM, Daytime 9AM-11PM, 24 Hour. Security Random-Set a specific start time and date and a stop time and date, useful for an extended vacation.
Each device can have multiple timers so one timer can turn your lights on at sunset another one can turn them off at midnight and a third one can randomly cycle the lights while your away.