Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 580 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,108 reviews
on August 19, 2016
Firstly, I am completely new to Wicca. This book was actually recommended to me by several people who practice Wicca since I live in a rural area and really have to learn this religion by myself. So far, I have only read the first few sections but find myself engulfed already and in love!

I can not speak for the authenticity of the writing, because I am so new, there is no way for me to know if this book is a good place to start. But from reading other reviews and listening to those who recommended it to me, I am confident this was a good purchase.

I can however at least speak on the condition of the book I received. It arrived very quickly and in wonderful condition (pictures included in my review). The print is great and the book is definitely brand new. I was very happy this book included the author's own personal Book of Shadows. From what I understand, you should make your own Book of Shadows to fit your own needs/beliefs, but it is really helpful to have an example to get an idea of how you will want yours to be.

I can not wait to continue reading this book. I most likely will update my review after I finish to add more details if I feel it necessary.
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 12, 2013
I needed an all-purpose introduction to Wicca, so I asked a friend which he would recommend- said friend enthusiastically answered "Cunningham!" before the question was quite out of my mouth. Now that I have read it, I can see why. Wonderful as both a reference text and a read in and of itself, this book was such a relief from the sometimes overly specific or occluded explorations of Wicca that I had read previously. You really get the sense that the author was trying to be as inclusive as possible, while being a generous advisor to interested folks who haven't got a coven to join but want to know more about this increasingly popular faith path. Scott Cunningham's gentle, informed, and clear-thinking nature shines through on almost every page. Top notch!
on December 18, 2013
I read this as my first major introduction to Wicca and witchcraft. I had read some other reviews to take this book with a grain of salt, which I did. Although interesting, Cunningham seems to be very set in his ways and mainly offers one frame of 'true' Wicca, often dismissing the ideas and beliefs of other Wiccan's and Pagans as incorrect. However, it is a good introduction, and I found it a useful launching pad into further studies regarding pagan spirituality. Read with a critical eye and an open mind to get the most out of this book.
on September 18, 2014
LOVE this book! Scott takes this work and leaves you with a perspective that doesn't make you feel as if you should have started long ago, which can sometimes happen in religious/spiritual works. You start reading and Scott makes you feel at peace with understanding life and looking at the world, nature, yourself differently. I've had a wonderful experience with this book and I would recommend it to others, or even as a gift for bibliophiles who have an open-mind.
on August 30, 2017
This is my first book about Wicca. Cunningham has a very gentle way of explaining everything which makes reading it even more of a pleasure. Great information. Will be studying and looking into Wicca further.
on July 28, 2016
This is another great informative book for learning the basics of Wiccan faith. I enjoy this author's writing style and knowledge of the subject matter. This is a must have if you plan to start a journey in the Wiccan tradition.
on September 9, 2017
I gave this book 5 stars because it was very informative, easy to read (not dull at all), and easy to navigate. Everything you'd like to know when starting out is right here and gives you great sources to find what you're looking for if not found here. The other sources are a good way to help you find other reputable books for continued reading and enlightenment. I will definitely be keeping this book to reference back to while on my journey.
on June 23, 2015
I truly enjoy reading a variety of books that shows me different and insightful views along my chosen path.
This book was very informative, showing me yet another vision of the faith.

With each writing and the author's take on things, gives me more and more information that allows me to make my ideas and decisions on how I wish to walk.

I do not recommend taking each book at its face value, accepting everything as written in stone. Instead, I allow all information in, and based on the varied readings, use them all as a whole, deciding what I feel is right for me.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking to broaden their horizons and looking to fill your need for more and more feeding of the soul.
on July 13, 2017
I had the e-book but wanted a hard copy too. My first Wicca book I read, and love that the information is easy to retain and direct.
on April 4, 2016
Very informative, great for beginner witches trying to get the jist of things. Only for people who enjoy the conformity of things. He stressed "whatever feels right for you" many times. For a free spirt witch