- File Size: 3056 KB
- Print Length: 191 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: January 12, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B017K1KO3E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#329,186 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #480 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Kidnapping
- #1431 in Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Kidnapping
- #7583 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Women Sleuths
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $8.00 (67%)
My Wicked Half-Sister (Someone Else's Fairytale Book 4) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Here are a few interesting situations to evaluate:
* After serving your 15-year sentence in prison, if you go home to start your life and find police driving past your house and security men staking out your street, do you start to feel as if society does not believe in you? Do you start to doubt yourself? What is the line for law enforcement and victims between reasonable surveillance and harassment? This is the situation one character, Chris, faces when he is released.
* You are dating a man you met online, and move 17 hours away to live in his town, and eventually get engaged (reluctantly, he is not the love of your life). When you discover that he has come down with inoperable, terminal pancreatic cancer, with one painful and gruesome year to live, is it ok to decide that a year of selfless, exhausting caregiving is not what you had in mind for your life? Is it ok to pack your belongings in your car and drive back to your old town? This is another character's dilemma.
* Chloe spent her college years preparing for a career in forensic science. Then she moved away for a year to study in graduate school in her field. She moved back to her hometown when she found a job, and she has worked as a successful forensics analyst for two years. Teachers and supervisors have invested their time to train her for this work. They could have invested the resources and time in another person. Does Chloe have an ethical obligation to stick with the career she has received so much training to do? If she puts it on hold, will the technology and procedures change so much she cannot return to the field? Do new hires in the forensics department indicate that everyone can be replaced, even valedictorians with formal graduate-level training?
* Chloe is married to a movie star. His life and work are based in Los Angeles. Her life and work are based in the crime lab at the Albuquerque police headquarters. When he is out of town, working, the time apart takes a toll on their marriage. When he is in town and working from home on the phone, managing aspects of his next projects, pushing against the system to build a sit-com that films in Albuquerque, his work intrudes on their time together as a young couple. He loves his work. If he puts it on hold, he might not be able to go back to it. Yet he wants his marriage to succeed. Chloe loves her work, she has trained hard to be able to do it. Yet she wants her marriage to be her first priority.
I liked these life situations so much. Nothing in this book is black and white, and people who make poor decisions need to be herded back into the flock. Nice job, EMT.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Kidnapping
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Kidnapping
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths