- "I would get that gut-punch from a horrific event and just keep reading. Basically 370 pages in 2 days." - One Legged Reviews
- "The worst fear is what is inside their heads and watching them deal with the darkness within is what makes this book good. It goes where most horror stories fear to go and it never lets you catch your breath." - The All Night Library
- "Beautifully brutal, dark, and compelling, The Wicked Ones: Children of the Lost is a masterfully written story of vividly relatable characters in horrific circumstance." - Bibliophilia Templum
- "...really loved this book, and I am so excited to read more from JZ Foster." - BOOK.HAPPY
- "...exactly why I support indie authors. JZ Foster is a bad ass author." - Sadie Reads Them All
- "...would make a great film, but for now it's a great book." - Undivine Interventions
- "This is a solid horror story with great characters and a fresh take on demon tropes. I highly recommend this one." - Gows33
- "This is my first time reading J.Z. Foster, but it won't be the last!" - Cedar Hollow Horror
- "One hell of a twisted roller coaster ride in a dark, dilapidated funhouse of horrors! J.Z. Foster is an artesian well of words flowing from the center of a magical forest." mj_the_bibliophile
- "J.Z. Foster has written a hell of book. This is the real deal: scary, grim, violent. Horror lovers will find much to enjoy here: a fresh take on demon lore and an original story with engaging characters." - dlgillis20
- Wicked Ones is EASILY a 5 out of 5 stars for me and I highly recommend anyone and everyone to read. It is a unique story with nods to Barker and King. It continually engages you as a reader. And this book makes you wonder just how far you will go for someone you love. It is dark. It is twisted. It will freak the shit out of you. I loved it." - findingmontauk1
Amazon / Goodreads Reviews:"Words have power and J.Z'S work is powerful indeed."
"...goes where most horror stories fear to go..."
" Been a fan of King, Ketchum, McCammon etc for decades. Foster is quickly joining my list of favorite horror authors."
"...hits you with a gut-punch leaving you breathless."
"I feel much the same way as when I struggle with Cujo or Pet Sematary; this book is so incredibly well written it pulls you in and you feel the horror as you read."
"...reminiscent of such titans of the horror genre as King, Lovecraft or Barker."
"...things lurk in the darkness and things you thought existed only in your imagination are real."
"...high-tension, high-suspense thrill ride pretty much from start to finish."
"Foster is quickly joining my list of favorite horror authors."
"...made me rethink everything I ever said to my kids about monsters not being real."
"I am in love with the characters in this book."
"Watch out Mr. King, here's another author to keep us up at night!"
"The Wicked Ones is darkly compelling and wraps its multi-jointed claws into your thoughts and dreams long after you've put it down. Daniel's journey into the supernatural world drives you to explore your own fears and horrors."
"The worst fear is what is inside their heads and watching them deal with the darkness within is what makes this book good."
"J.Z. Foster has weaved a web of terror and heartbreak in his horror novel..."
"Very well written with vivid characters and descriptions. This unnerving story stays with the reader."
"Dark, intense, violent and relentless. Everything you ever wanted in a horror tale is here in The Wicked Ones."
"A new take on mythological creatures..."
"I enjoyed the development of the characters, and the twists and turns that they took on this roller coaster of a story."
"...his book depicts the fae like you've never read before, which is a nice change of pace when you read as much fantasy as me."
"I love that the author was able to so deftly incorporate a plot with antagonist creatures from folklore and fairy tales, into the horror genre."
"The Wicked Ones legitimately creeped me out, which isn't easy to do."
"The world is engrossing, the characters relatable, and the horror unspeakable and unimaginable."
"Great read it was frightening and thrilling keep me interested the entire book."
"Such a gripping story that keeps you coming back for more."