There’s nothing like biting into one and getting that first gush of rich, smooth, creamy flavor. We thought, let’s skip the outer shell and get right to the good stuff. We created our cocoa truffle spread so that you could experience that unforgettable taste on everything from pancakes to strawberries.
It may seem like we're spreading on pretty thick our love for these spreads. We can't help it though—we LOVE them. They're chocolatey. They're creamy. They're smooth. And Wickedly Prime Cocoa Truffle Spreads are free of artificial colors and flavors, and synthetic preservatives--so you can get right to the richness. We encourage you to spread it on anything pretty thick, and spread the word, too.
For this recipe, you dough or you don't--either way, we promise equally delicious results. Skip to the fourth step if using store-bought dough.
1. Sift together flour and salt in a large bowl. Coarsely grate frozen butter into flour and add 5 tablespoons of ice water. Mix with a fork until incorporated. Add another tablespoon of water if needed to bring mixture together. Form mixture into a 5-inch square, then wrap in plastic wrap and chill dough until firm for about 30 minutes.
2. Roll out dough on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin into a 15- by 8-inch rectangle. Arrange dough with a short side nearest you, then fold dough into thirds like a letter: Bottom third up, then top third down. Rewrap dough and chill until firm for about 30 minutes.
3. On a floured surface, arrange dough with a short side nearest you. Repeat rolling outward, folding and chilling two more times. Brush off any excess flour, then wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
4. Roll your sheet of pastry dough into 9- by 12-inch rectangle. Cut in half vertically, spreading chocolate truffle sauce on both sides. Add pecans and sandwich the two pieces together.
5. Cut ½-inch pieces vertically. Twist the pieces and roll in sugar.
6. Bake at 375 F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
|Product Dimensions||3.5 x 7 x 3 inches; 1.65 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||2 pounds|
|Release Date||March 28, 2017|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Amazon Best Sellers Rank||
#83,029 in Grocery & Gourmet Food
#54 in Grocery & Gourmet Food > Breakfast Foods > Breakfast Syrups & Toppings > Chocolate & Hazelnut Spreads
#1794 in Grocery & Gourmet Food > Jams, Jellies & Sweet Spreads
SUGAR, VEGETABLE OIL (INTERESTERIFIED SUNFLOWER OIL, INTERESTERIFIED COCONUT OIL, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN), COCOA POWDER (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), WHEY POWDER (MILK), SOY LECITHIN, VANILLA EXTRACT.
CONTAINS: MILK, SOY.
MADE IN A FACILITY THAT ALSO PROCESSES TREE NUTS.
Stir before enjoying. Do not refrigerate.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.