Wide Mouth Cuppow Item # CPWU5-001
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made in the USA (Massachusetts) from 100% Recycled, BPA-Free, Phthalate-Free Plastic
- Fits Wide Mouth Sized Canning Jars (Jar Sold Separately) (Product does not include a straw))
- Letterpress Printed 100% Post-Consumer Packaging
- Durable, Reusable, Recycled, and Recyclable
- Great for Hot or Cold Beverages, Use With or Without a Straw!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The solution for easier drinking from a canning jar! You know the canning jar makes an awesome platform for a travel mug: it's easy to clean, made of heat-resistant glass, cheap, durable, and when sealed it doesn't leak. The only problem is that with their large openings, canning jars are not great for spill-free sipping while on the move. Now you can drink like a boss from virtually any wide or regular mouth canning jar! It's a simple eco-friendly alternative to poor-performing and messy disposable hot cups, and over-built and expensive travel mugs. It's durable, it's made in the USA, it's phthalate and BPA free, it's recyclable, and it doesn't break the bank. NOTE: Canning Jars & other accessories displayed are NOT INCLUDED in the sale.
Top customer reviews
- they don't leave odors
- they're leak/spill proof
- they're good for the environment (if you reuse)
My only problem was drinking on the go; cuppow solved that for me. I put the Regular lid in the ziplock bag and keep it in my purse. So if I'm done drinking, (or can't finish my drink but don't want to hold it on the bus), I just switch the tops and toss it in my bag. Worry free because I know it won't spill. So convenient!
I see others mentioning the Ball version. Yes, they are cheaper, but it doesn't feel right. The lip part doesn't feel natural compared to the cuppow ones. Idk how to explain it but you'll just have to trust me on this. I have a setof Ball lids (that's 4) and 1 cuppow lid, and I go out if my way to use to cuppow one.
There's only a few little reasons I give this 4 stars rather than 5...
1) the price seems steep for a piece of molded plastic. Though I suppose including shipping, it's not that outrageous.
2) the location of the little air hole, since one's nose, if pushed up to the cuppow while drinking, can cover the hole and impede flow of fluids into the mouth. It magically seems to be in the perfect spot for both me and my partner, and we have difference size and shaped faces.
3) these should be available (at a big discount, of course) in packs of 6 with reduced packaging (for the environment). Six Cuppows: one for every day of the week (just don't leave the house on the seventh day, that's the day of washing).
Otherwise, the design is possibly ingenious. The raised area, shaped vaguely C-like, has a space, breaking the raised area into that C-shape instead of an O-shape. This might be a clever design feature or happy accident in the styling. That space is a guide when you are drinking without looking, while driving for example (and drinking coffee or other legally allowed beverage in the car) and carefully trying with one hand to correctly orient the Cuppow to get the hole and liquid in the mouth rather than lap. The finger feels the groove and knows how it's to be oriented. ....It's the little things that make the world a happy place.
Result: 3 Stars - It's okay
There's not much to add that hasn't been mentioned in other reviews, but these are definitely overpriced and aren't much more than glorified sippy cup tops for mason jars. I won't plan on purchasing more and have only used mine a couple times.
One of the biggest disappointments with this product is that it doesn't completely keep liquid from splashing out of your glass. I also don't like that you have to use the metal ring from the mason jar lid to use these because they rust easily.
All this being said - if you use a mason jar every single day for iced drinks and are frustrated with the lack of control you have with your straw - go for it.
Three Huge Pros for me:
- easy to clean
- made of durable plastic
- made in the USA
Ball does make their own version of this, but they are made in China. Even though these are a little more expensive you are purchasing something that was made in the USA.
I would buy another one of these before buying the Ball ones. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a way to change your mason jar into a travel mug.
While I do enjoy this product and think it is well made, I find the price bewildering. I was expecting more for my money. It doesn't come with the necessary ring you need to transform a canning jar into a travel cup. I would be very pleased with this purchase were it offered at half the price. For what I paid, I expected more.
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.