Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 141 reviews
on August 15, 2017
One of my favorite movies. I love the witty writing, the characters, the artful acting. A joy to watch.
on August 23, 2017
Good movie, With a twist. I enjoyed it.
on September 7, 2017
Love this movie!!!
on December 7, 2010
I chose to view this DVD out of admiration for Joan Plowright, but soon found myself enchanted even more by the performance of Mia Farrow. And Natashe Richardson delighted me too, as did the beautiful Irish land- and river- scapes. The lower layers of meaning gradually emerged until the ending delighted me by its entirely appropriate, if unexpected, outcome. A film you will need to watch more than once.
on September 6, 2017
Wonderful movie! Keeps you guessing till the end!
on April 6, 2009
It might seem rather far fetched, but, there are really people out there who tell lies, reveal secrets, seduce men, enrage women just to carry out a scheme. This film explorers all of the machinations of the villainess; but, to what end? Grab the bottom of your chair and hold on tight because the ending is quite some surprise.
on July 3, 2005
Admittedly, the film tries so hard to lead you in a direction opposite the final plot twist that some things don't quite hold water. However, in all other respects the film is such a delight it's easy to forgive a few inconsistencies. We loved it so much we were about to buy a region 2 copy and a code-free DVD player when we discovered a region 1 version had been released. As others have already said, the scenery is beautiful, the acting is outstanding, especially Mia Farrow and Joan Plowright who hits exactly the right note as the queen bee of her little matriarchal society.

This film puts to shame all the heavily hyped Hollywood darlings like Sideways and The Aviator. We've recommended it to a lot of friends and to date, they've all loved it.

We did find the heavy Irish/English accents a little hard to understand at times. I was forced to turn on the captioning to catch it all. In almost every respect this movie is a treat!
on July 22, 2017
We had to return it because it was in a European format and would not play on our VCR.
on June 26, 2015
I rarely purchase DVDs, but when we watched this movie on Netflex a few short years ago, (a 5 star rating),we wanted to buy it. I was so happy to find it on Amazon. It is an interesting story with quite a twist at the end--and catches one off guard. When we have company, we watch this with them, and at the end there is always an OH! and they want to watch it again. Great movie!
on February 7, 2013
This is a period piece with great British actresses plus Mia Farrow. Rather unpredictible ending which makes it even more charming. I gave this as a gift to a woman who will also appreciate the scenery, the story line and the acting. I have owned this film for several years and have watched it often when I have lady friends over for lunch. I never tire of it.