Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on October 31, 2011
I started wearing these socks over 50 years ago. They are comfortable, warm, stay up and wash beautifully! A couple of years ago I heard they had quit making them and had bought up the entire stock of a local store. I am just wearing out the last of those and am delighted to find them again!
VINE VOICEon February 12, 2010
They're not too thin, not too thick - and they stay up! I highly recommend them! Better off line drying than using the dryer.
on October 13, 2012
I am a diehard SmartWool fan but I wanted to be fair and try other brands, too. As I needed different colors, and wanted to stay in a price range, I decided to order two different colors of the Wigwam socks and one knee sock of my faved SmartWool.

The first to arrive were the Wigwams and I immediately put them on. The first thing I noticed is that I didn't have anything to comment on at all. No oohs and ahhhs; nothing to 'write home about'. They're socks.
So, I kind of wondered why the high price then? Is it the brand? Is it the quality of wool? Perhaps.

They were comfortable, they did stay up nicely, they did not leave indentations in my calves, they didn't seem to itch, but I am left wondering if I would have been just as happy buying ANY sock from the local department store.

Then, this morning, my SmartWool knee sock arrived..WOW. You'll have to read my review on that item! :)

December 2012 Update:

I would not buy these again, for sure. I don't like the feel on my legs or feet. It feels like a thin crocheted sweater on my feet. I don't want a sweater on my feet - I want a SOCK on my feet!

PS. Just to be fair, I want to mention that I DO have a pair of hiking socks - thick, wool ones, that are the Wigwam brand, and they are marvelous.
on July 1, 2011
I bought these socks as a gift for my 89 year old Lakota Sioux mother on the Rosebud Reservation in South Dakota (she adopted me several years ago). The winters are brutal there and the socks have been a blessing for her. I will buy more.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2013
I have been wearing these socks for more years than I care to admit, from October through most of April. Then I switch to flip flops. They keep my feet warm all winter and they do not chafe or give me blisters. Yay, wool!

I wash them in cold water only, on the gentle cycle, and I hang them on the clothesline to dry---or on a line I have strung in the house, in bad winter weather.

For the person who needed thicker socks for the hiking boots, well, duh. I have those, too. I wear these lighter weight knee socks with casual shoes, with sandals, and with sneakers. When I know I will be outdoors all day in bitter weather, I use them as the undersock & I put on mostly wool, thick Smartwool-type socks over them -- in boots or else with my sneakers which I have loosened up.

If your feet get wet, wool will not give you blisters and it also will keep your feet warm when wet. These are not cheap socks but you get what you pay for.
on December 12, 2013
The socks are light but warm. They stay up but don't grip tight like many knee-highs. Merino wool is wonderful for lightness and warmth in other garments, and it works well in these socks, plus they do not itch like other wool. A good product.
on February 14, 2013
If you have bigger calfs than a skinny girl then dont buy these. They were tight on me and were not knee highs on me,
on November 6, 2013
I am a huge SmartWool fan but have ordered Wigwam socks for my husband for years. They came in the color as displayed and fit as expected; however, the weave is really loose so I'm afraid they will not last anywhere near as long as my Smartwools but they cost just as much. I like them but was a little disappointed.
on November 26, 2013
I love wool socks. Wigwam are really well made and come in a lot of colors. I wear them with skirts, pants and leggings. I wear them around the house. I don't like to take them off. I love the cable pattern. It is hard to find good cable knit wool socks in colors besides black and navy. I have purchased some pricey handmade cable knit socks but I like the wigwams better because they softer on the bottom and more comfortable to walk in. They seem quite durable compared to handmade also. And in case you're wondering, they don't itch at all.
on October 13, 2013
Place your order carefully. Some colors cost more than others, and not all colors come with free shipping. When you factor in the cost of shipping, you might pay as little as $13.53 (for brown socks) or as much as $18.58 (for red ones).