Customer Reviews: Wii Bowling Ball
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

on October 5, 2009
Pros -
It does give you the feel of bowling.
It'not heavy
The strap is perfect

Cons -
don't expect to share - once you have the finger adapters set for your fingers it is a pain to swith with someone who is using different adapters.
The pacement of the B button is too low. My finger was hurting from the odd angle by the second game.

Great idea needs some disign fixes.
on October 18, 2009
It appears that the marketing & research department at CTA concluded that only right handed people enjoy wii bowling because this accessory was clearly not designed for left handed people. For lefties, the B button needs to be used with either your ring finger or pinky which is highly uncomfortable and frustrating to use. If you're left handed, either learn how to bowl right handed or skip this product.
22 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2009
We got this in our local supermarket..... it looks like a real Bowling ball, with the glossy shine, (like it's on the video, not on the picture) In addition, the size is almost the same to a real bowling ball but it's not heavy at all. The only negative for me, my wife is a lefty and she can't play with it. (Maybe for someone selfish it will be a good thing)
The ball splits in half, I can put in the remote with or without the Motion plus, I close it up and I just put in my hands thru the wrist strap and I'm ready for fun. I can access all the buttons on the ball so this is excellent I don't have to remove the remote from the ball to go thru the menu, it's well designed!

It also comes with inserts, I never use those, neither my kids. I don't know why they come included.
on February 18, 2010
I purchased this for my senior aged father who used to be an avid bowler on many leagues over the years. I bought it for the entertainment value as his favorite game that came with the Wii system is the bowling game. I also purchased a more real life bowling game to go with it.

Pros: It's better than using the Wii remote as it simulates actual bowling.

Cons: It's a pain to take off the plastic sleeve on the Wii remote.

The ball is a lot lighter than an actual bowling ball, but this may not necessarily be a con.

Overall: It is worth the entertainment value for an avid bowler considering the price.
on November 10, 2009
I bought this to improve my game - I'm not very good & wanted it to help correct a terrible hook when I throw. It definitely feels more realistic than just using your remote. The remote fits inside although it says that it is compatable with the motionplus controller. But I haven't figured out how to get it to fit inside the ball yet? The controls to work all the functions are on the outside of the ball which is great but my hand gets tired after playing a few games because of the position of the B button and the finger holes seems a little awkward for my hand? Also the finger holes have different sized rubber inserts which can get sweaty & start to slip out when you play. So make sure you WEAR & SECURE the wrist strap. All in all I gave it 4 stars because #1) I love the more realistic feel of it #2) It has improved my game and #3) I don't have the terrible hook anymore.
on January 1, 2010
It's an okay product. My husband loves it, but I found it hard to use since the "B" button isn't that close to your finger, so it's hard to release it when bowling on the Wii. It does hold the remote++ sensor, so that's good. It's more novelty than practical - definitely fun for company and fool around with but that's about it.
on July 30, 2014
The ball does what it's supposed to do, but for me it was just too painful to use it. The swinging motion just killed my hand, which I think was due to the position of the b button and the way you have to stretch your pointer finger to release the ball on the game. The force of swinging the ball but not letting go creates pressure on my fingers. I might just be a weakling, so it might not bother most people. The ball works fine otherwise, I just had to return it cause it hurt too much.
on September 8, 2014
BE VERY CAREFULL when using this item, I do not recommend making this purchase. Due to the very limited sizing of the finger and thumb holes (NOT large enough for an average adult hand) with the ball wrist strap properly attached to your wrist and your fingers and thumb inserted as best possible in the appropriate holes, when you release your swing using the "B" button, you may have an issue of the ball actually flying out of your hand, then reaching the total length of the wrist strap and coming back and hitting yourself. I was actually hit in the forehead with this item. Should the wrist strap actually break while using this item, there is no doubt that you will very possibly cause serious injury to other people in your immediate area. Damage or perhaps even destroying your TV monitor is also a real possibility. IT IS MY OPINION THAT THIS IS NOT A Wii ACCESSARY THAT IS SAFE FOR ANY AGE..........
on April 3, 2015
We found this hard to use and were scared it was going to fly off and hit the tv. It's pretty inexpensive so if you have a kiddo that really wants it I suppose I would recommend it but be cautious that the wrist strap is secure.
on November 20, 2014
This product works well and does what it is meant to do, but it is a little clumsy for us and we actually prefer to just use the Wii remote without this bowling ball. That is our preference though, the product is made well and does work.