Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 782 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 932 reviews
on November 28, 2011
I can't really review the product's performance since I don't actually have my Wii yet, but the first thing I noticed is that it wasn't even in a box, it came in one of those yellow bubble mailer envelopes and was just in a sealed plastic bag. I didn't open it but inspected it thoroughly through the bag and found no "Nintendo" logos so my conclusion is that it is a knock-off. It may actually work well, but I am giving the item a low score because the item listing leads you to believe you are getting OEM (original equipment manufacturer) hardware. Most item listings that are not OEM will have "(not OEM)" somewhere in the title, but this one did not. If I find that it does in fact perform according to my expectations then I will give it an extra star, but will not give it 5 stars on principle just because I feel like I was tricked.

**UPDATE**

I've since been able to confirm the item is indeed a knock-off. It took some investigating online but the 3 things to look out for are:

1)Knock offs will have tri-wing screws in the nunchuck itself and phillips head screws in the plug, which is the opposite of how a real nunchuck is built.

2) The cord will show a voltage rating if it is real, knock off nunchucks have plain white cord with no lettering

3) It just plain feels cheap, it will feel lighter and the plastic is glossier when compared to the more matte finish real nunchucks have

All this despite it having a nintendo logo on the plug, which at first may look convincing but looks a little off when compared to the real nunchuck

After explaining my findings to the seller they have since told me they intend to resend me a real nunchuck. Will update my review when/if actual nunchuck arrives.

****UPDATE 2**********

The seller that sold me this item (Prime Ventures) apparently uses an outsourced vendor to fulfill their orders. They were under the impression their vendor AIE Gaming (they are somewhere in NJ, don't know where) was sending real nunchucks. They said that they didn't know if it was a mistake or of AIE was just plain being dishonest but they gave me a full refund either way and are discussing the situation with AIE. I would say I am satisfied with Prime Ventures for doing their job but the actual item still gets a low rating due to it being cheap. Just know that Prime Ventures will respond to your inquiries quickly and resolve your issue.
VINE VOICEon October 20, 2014
It works just like the standard white Nunchuk, except now it's in a sleek black finish. The top is gloss while the bottom is finished in a matte coating, but fingerprints can be removed easily with a microfiber cloth.

It's a first-party Nunchuk and the only type of Nunchuk you should be buying for the Wii. While Nintendo seems to have run out of Nintendium recently, anything made my Nintendo will generally be leagues better than anything third-party, especially for essential accessories like controllers.
on April 10, 2014
The controller I received is poorly made, feels cheap and flimsy in my hand, and the joystick movement is very rough and does not consistently return to center. The controller intermittently stops working while playing games. Not sure if this is a knock off like others have described - it did arrive in what appeared to be official Nintendo packaging, but it certainly feels like a knock-off. If this is indeed what Nintendo is manufacturing these days, they should be ashamed of themselves!

I'll be returning this immediately.

*UPDATE* This is indeed a counterfeit product. In comparing this Nunchuck to my non-counterfeit Wiimote, the Nintendo logo that is stamped into the connector of the Nunchuck is obviously a counterfeit logo (the "t" in the authentic Nintendo logo does not have a tail). Companies like Nintendo have very strict branding guidelines and an unofficial version of their logo would absolutely never end up on one of their products.
on August 6, 2016
Not only did it not work for me, it did something weird to my Wii remote, causing me endless headaches. I don't know enough about how these things work, but it somehow prevented my remote from working at all, leading me to believe something was wrong with my Wii. (Anyway, there's not much you can do on a Wii w/o a remote.) I spent several days messing with it, syncing/re-syncing, until I gave in & simply bought a new Nunchuk. Voila. Everything works fine now. I'm thinking this item was probably counterfeit, it felt very cheap & was slightly damaged at the joystick, but otherwise looked legit... not.
on February 20, 2017
Good quality Nunchuck is much better than cheaper (Knockoff) that I had purchased before. Better control and accuracy with quality construction and good switches makes a big difference in how much FUN you have when playing your favorite Wii games. Well worth spending a few bucks more for the better quality of this item.
on February 11, 2011
This is a generic controller. This brand of nunchuk stopped working right after about 2 weeks of use. We got it for Lego Star Wars, now it makes the character run constantly in one direction, whether you're touching the controller or not. You can't move backwards at all and it's impossible to maneuver. The joystick doohickey (lol sorry I don't know what it's called) is more loose than the actual nintendo brand nunchuck. We had to get a replacement, and I would recommend sticking with the name brand on these.
on February 28, 2011
I just got a couple of these when the price dropped to around 15. They were sold by 'direct distributor' and fulfilled by amazon. The packages included the nunchuck and a blue silicone skin.

When I got them, I was concerned that they weren't genuine since I expected them to be manufactured by Nintendo. I inspected one and it looked identical to the one that came with the system (didn't compare the cord length), but I figure it is easy enough to copy the few details on the device. Since these are made by BD&A (I forget the exact name, something Deutch & Associates), I wondered if the Nintendo Genuine logo was a counterfeit. I called Nintendo at 9pm on a Sunday night, and amazingly someone answered! To my surprise, she was quite knowledgeable and helped me determine that the BD&A nunchucks have in fact been certified. She told me that they spend a lot of time testing these and warned against non-certified ones, especially those who steal power from the remote. Since I have had nothing but bad luck with 3rd party controllers in the past, that was preaching to the choir.

Anyways, I thought I would share my findings here. If you get one with the blue skin and it is made by BD&A, it is in fact a nintendo certified controller. Happy gaming!
on January 26, 2012
This controller is a necessary evil and works fine, several games require both the Wii Plus and Nunchuk to control them. You can look on the games at the top right corner of the back of the packaging to see which controllers are necessary. There should be an outline of the controller that is required. AGAIN: This controller may be necessary to play some games.

Kids will master the control in about 5 seconds, adults may never figure it out. I guess it could teach kids to be ambidextrous, which is probably good.

The Nunchuk controller requires the standard Wii or Wii plus controller to work.
The nearly 3 foot cable coming from the Nunchuk is inserted into the Wii controller.
Make sure you have enough Wii controllers before you buy more Nunchuks as they will not work on their own.
No Batteries are required for the Wii Nunchuk, it is powered by the Wii controller.
The Nunchuk has a thumb toggle and 2 push buttons.
There is no leash for the Nunchuk, so be careful when slinging it around.
The shape is contoured and the size seems to work for small children and adults.
The top is glossy and the bottom is textured for grip.

Build quality is adequate, I am not sure why they are around $20 each.

Their are other options that you can consider similar to the classic style controllers older generations of gamer are used to. They also require a standard Wii controller to plug into.

Tangent:
As a child of the late 70's and the 80's... I am starting to feel like I am missing the tech curve and the reasoning in packaging controllers with systems.
I adapted from Atari 2600 (Still works 30+ years later), to Nintendo (Still works 25+ year later), to Playstation (Still works), to Playstation2 (Still works), and now the Wii.
Why do I need 2 controllers, one for each hand? 30 years of 1 controller, why now do we need two controllers?
Also:
Remember when you were a kid and your Atari and Nintendo came with 2 controllers for 2 players... now you get 1 set of controllers for 4 players.
So, the console with 1 controller and 1 nunchuk is $149.
Then controller $30 each, nunchuck $20 each, Steering wheel $10 each... times 3.
You would need to spend an additional $180 for all four players to play.
So after nearly $350 everyone can play the one game the system comes with...
on December 10, 2013
For reference, I purchased a used black Wii Nunchuck made by Nintendo (not a 3rd party version).

It works fine. Since the new version is a little expensive, I purposefully looked for a used Nintendo brand nunchuck for two reason.

1) used is cheaper, which is good for a generic video game controller
2) Nintendo makes high quality products, so 95% of the time you can buy a used product and not worry about it being broken or nonfunctional.

It works for both the Wii and Wii U, you just need to plug it into a Wii Remote (which also works with the Wii U).

You don't need this controller for every game, but whether or not you need it depends on the specific game you are trying to play. So check the game to see what it needs or doesn't need to fully enjoy the game.
on April 1, 2017
Great Item. Great Price. Quick Delivery. I would buy this again. Works fantastic.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.