Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Wii Party forum

Is Wii Party as random as the Mario Party games?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 3, 2010, 6:17:16 PM PDT
meganick says:
I thought the Mario Party games were way too random. Is Wii Party the same, or is winning based more on skill instead of random chance?

Posted on Oct 3, 2010, 7:06:15 PM PDT
Joshrocker says:
I haven't had a chance to play it yet but a review I read said it was heavily chance based just like the Mario party games were. Personally since i play with my 7 year old daughter I don't mind since she doesn't always have to lose (or I don't have to throw the game), but I could see where a lot of people would hate that.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2010, 7:51:32 PM PDT
meganick says:
Darn, I was worried about that. That was the main thing I didn't like about the Mario Party games.

Posted on Nov 15, 2010, 9:27:56 AM PST
sparta man says:
There are definitely a few minigames that are just luck but a majority does require a little bit of skill. This is especially true with the 2 player coop gameplay. The family was enjoying it all weekend. The board game was a blast along with the wheel spin game.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010, 10:13:55 AM PST
From what I have read Wii Party is pretty much Mario Party replacement. Due to some of the creatures of MP leaving Nintendo. Or something along those lines. Either way I LOVED MP and have been anticipating. MP9 But it looks like there will not be another any time soon. I like the randomness. But as in MP there is more then likely an option to be able to pick the games you want to play. You will just have to do some random looking around for the right area. Good Luck

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2010, 7:03:38 AM PST
Marie,

Wii Party may be Nintendo's replacement for the Mario Party series, but it is not from losing the rights to characters. If you heard something related to DKC Returns, it's most likely false. There are recent videos showing DK and Diddy are included in the upcoming Mario Sports Mix.

Also, I agree with you about wanting Mario Party 9. Nintendo should continue both franchises, but maintain different features or philosophies between them. I was a little annoyed that all of the minigames in Wii Party (in free play) are available automatically. I wish I could unlock them over a few hours by playing the main events, like Mario Party.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wii Party forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 3, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Wii Party
Wii Party by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.7 out of 5 stars (564)