Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 16, 2013
Most of these games are fun. Skipping stones and chasing ghosts are taking more of my time than they should, but they are VERY addictive!
on April 30, 2014
This is a really fun game -- although some of the games are hard and I wish included would be some hints or more detailed instructions on how to play (like the ghost game), but my 6 year old grandson loved it. It was especially good when he was too sick to be active but wanted to engage in something. You don't have to move around playing these games. I would recommend it for anyone, with the caveat that one or two of the games are either too difficult to understand or too hard to maneuver through.
Like with Wii Resort and Sports this pretty much has a multitude of games that allow more use of the abilities of the wii and wii remote unlike the third party developer games.

If you played the previously mentioned games then this one won't come as a surprise as most use the same basic functions though there are a few games that are unique from the earlier mentioned games too. So for Wii and Wii U fans here's an entertaining addition to your game library that's worth getting.
on March 11, 2014
This is a fun game if you have a mix of ages in your household. Most of the games are fairly easy, but a few offer more of a challenge. Games can be played solo or with multiple players and in some games (like the one where you point your remote around the room to catch ghosts) are played as a team.

Our favorite game so far has been the shooting game where players work together to protect the Mii characters from aliens, ninjas, and dinosaurs (three different levels). You also shoot targets, coins, and balloons as bonus items.

The rock-skipping game is another favorite but also the reason why I took a star off the rating. Although it's fun and one of the most played in our family, sometimes the remote seems to get stuck and the rocks just won't throw which can get annoying after awhile. So the controls could be smoother with that game.

Overall, a fun game for kids and adults alike and well worth the price (Wii games can be super pricy, so I was happy to find this one!).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 21, 2012
I bought Wii Play just because I needed another controller. I bought Wii Play Motion because it looked fun, and it surely is. It has many more games that Wii Play and the MotionPlus controlled aspect made it an absolute gem. My seven year old and I love to play this together and her favorites are the Rock Skipping and the Ghost Hunting. Rock Skipping is just as it sounds. You pick your stone and throw it sideways into the water. The object is to skip it as many times as you can. You get five turns to do it, and each one accumulates to your final total. You get special shaped rocks and rocks with pictures on them which adds to the fun factor as well. The Ghost Hunting game is kind of like Ghost Busters. You walk around your actual room and detect ghosts. Once you find them and latch on, you have to bring them back to the screen. This is fun and challenging at the same time. I find these to be pretty addicting and enjoy playing them with my daughter. She also really lkes to play the game derived from the Bubble Posing game from the first one as well. Instead, in this game, you are falling and must pose before you crash through the hole. Once you turn the remote the right way, you freefall through. The quicker you do it the more points you earn. We also like the Ice Cream game. You have to balance scoops of ice cream and even soft serve swirls in a cone. It's fun and I always look forward to trying to break my own records on it. There is also a game like the original where you shoot at targets. It is much more fun than the original too because there are different levels shooting at different kinds of targets, from ninjas to dinosaurs. One of my own personal favorites is the Pinball type game where you use a pinball-type flipper to hit a ball at targets. There are increasingly difficult levels and you have a time limit to hit the target each time. I did like the Spot the Mii from the original, and would have liked a unique version of this game on the newer one, but I can't complain about the new additions to the Motion game. I would highly recommend this to all ages, as you can spend a lot of time together playing and beating each other's scores. (I am still trying to best my daughter's record of 46 skips to my best of 45. She was very happy to beat me, and even asked if I could teach her how to skip stones for real.)
11 comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 30, 2012
There about 12 games with different modes for playing which adds to the fun by never getting boring. Different modes actually change each game which makes it super fun, they knocked it out the park with this Wii Game. This is amazing my kids RAVE about how much fun the games are and up to 4 players can play together but the playing with Wii motion remotes in this game is much more enhanced as compared to other earlier Wii games. My kids and I recommend this game to any family wanting to fall out laughing having fun together. Bought new for $13.49 a deal and GREAT GAME!!!!
on January 28, 2015
We enjoyed the games on the original Wii Play very much (I love racing the cows). This new game takes the ideas of the original and builds them into some really fun games. We are having a lot of fun with it.
on August 23, 2017
Games need a motion sensor so make sure you have one
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 21, 2014
Made the mistake of getting this thinking it would be fun but after about 10 minutes of play, determined that this is for little kids only. Wasted my money on this!
on March 20, 2014
its a fun game but if youre just playing by yourself it gets old fast, would be good for younger kids or a family night though

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.