Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 885 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,129 reviews
on April 3, 2015
I can not believe what I saw when I open the package. The controller itself is not just very old and dirty , the dirty wrist strap almost torn apart. I can not believe I paid $24.00 for something like that. It did not work after I tried at home so I am returning it!!
review image review image review image
on February 9, 2013
Just received my controller -- it came in a Nintendo marked box, included a skin, and had all the right markings of the original. I have little doubt that this is NOT a knock-off. If it is, well you can't tell the difference.

But Heads Up: I did not know the proper sync procedure when I tried to get it to work. I pressed the red button below the batteries and watched it blink to no avail. After some frustration, I looked up the problem and learned there is more to re-syncing a Wii controller, or adding a new one than that.

There are TWO sync buttons which must be pressed in sequence. The first is the one in the battery compartment. The second is inside the door of the SD card latch.

Press the battery one first, note the Wii beginning to blink -- then press the one in the SD card compartment. That was the trick.

Tested the remote and played a couple of bowling games with no difference in control or responsiveness than the original had (which I had managed to kill by messing with a cheap recharger).
on February 17, 2010
A great game for up to four peoples. I bought three additional remotes so we could play without sharing a remote.

One need be careful. Some ppl think you need to get seriously physical and concsequently injure themselves. My grandson sits on the couch during bowling and gets strike after strike merely snapping the remote in a short motion. (kids his age know the cheat codes I guess)

As for me, I flail around, knock over expensive lamps, hit other participants, and sometimes fall down from too much alcohol (for those interest, expensive scotch works best.)

DO NOT BUY the knock-offs from Hong Kong (if it seems to cheaps, it is) as they suck worse than a hoover or electrolux. I initially bought three and ended up returning each as they did not work properly (slow balls 'ha') etc. and were very disappointing even considering the low cost. Get the real McCoy (unless you are a Hatfield)

Hugs

Game monster approaching 60
on December 7, 2012
We aren't willing to pay an extra $20 for the plus version of the remote, and we were worried about recent reviews here complaining about getting fake remotes, but it seems like they're still good quality.

We decided to buy two, and so far they look good. I checked them on various websites about fake remotes. I found two little differences, one was the plastic was a little different in the battery chamber, and the other difference was in the stamp on the end where you hook up the nunchuck. Everything else matched up with the real remote checklists. We've used them for several hours of playing now and seem to work just as well as our other real remotes.

The other difference was the packaging. These remotes just game wrapped in foam with an instruction manual. There was no plastic box like is shown in the picture. It makes me wonder if Nintendo is trying to phase these out so they can make more money on the remote plus, but they ordered a new batch because people are still buying these.

We'll update here if something goes wrong with them.
VINE VOICEon February 28, 2009
My first remote lasted almost six months with daily use. I called wii to see if anything could be done (1-800-255-3700). They were very helpful and ran through a couple of options but nothing worked. The cost of repair is [...] (odd?) plus S&H so buying a new one is the best option.

The old remote has only some functions that do not work so we still keep it. It was placed in a Mario Cart wheel and tossed onto our sofa a few times but that, apparently, was enough to throw it off. These remotes are very sensitive and I think my son learned that lesson the hard way ([...]out of his allowance).

FYI: the wii accessories have a 90 day warranty.
on August 16, 2011
About the Wii Remote Controller's - they make great Replacements and/or, Add-on's to increase the number of Wii players. I'm not going to go extensively about the controller's as others here have done a great job already, so I will just listed the HighLights.
We happen to have both the Sony PSP3, for the 'serious' Video Gamers, and then we have the Wii Player for the Teen's. The Teen's and some adult's feedback is that they just love playing the various Nintendo Wii Games, and they give High Mark's to the Wii remote controller, with the attached Nunchuck's.

* Prices can't be beat as a Replacement &/or Add-on's, (with Free Shipping), compared to our local Wally World or Tar-jay stores.
* Lightweight, only 7 ounces!
* White color, easy to locate, or you may add the silicone Color Skins to custom code the players.
* Bluetooth Wireless technology - works up to 30 feet, but 10 to 15 Feet is the "Sweet Spot".
* Wireless technology means there are NO Cords to deal with.
* Built-in speaker - gives you feedback about the strength of swings or the accuracy of their moves, as in when you play and win against an opponent!
* Caution - Be sure to ALWAYS wear the Wrist Strap, unless you want the controller stuck in the wall, speaker or TV!
* Rumble feature and a Good One!
* An expansion port for additional input devices, such as the Nunchuk controller
* Runs on 2 AA batteries (cost co has the best deal), eZ to replace, and has excellent battery life.
* 1 year Hardware warranty
* Very Good customer support
* Thanks for stopping by!
on March 3, 2010
I purchased two new wii remotes directly from amazon.com. Buying directly from them, I just assumed I would get quality Nintendo wiimotes like the two I already have. I have a third party charging station with battery packs, so the first thing I did was grab a battery pack and stick it in one of the wiimotes. Doesn't work at all. Not even a light or a blink. Thinking my battery pack was dead, I put it in my older wiimote, and it started right up. Strike one against new wiimote.

So I put some regular batteries into the wiimote and it turned on. "Maybe Nintendo hates third party chargers now?" I think. I wave the wiimote at the screen and hear this strange clicking/rattling noise. It takes me several minutes to realize that this is the wiimote's "rumble pack" feature. A sickly, distracting death rattle that sounds and feels nothing like my old wiimote. Strike two.

So ignoring the rattle pack, I navigate a few menus. The cursor is shaking like I have Parkinson's or something. Games that require any combination of speed and precision are unplayable. I go to the wii system menu and adjust the sensitivity. Still no help. That's strike three.

I repeated all of the above steps with the second new wiimote. Exactly the same results. Two defective units.

I looked at a few websites detailing "counterfeit wiimotes" but I found none of the clues listed (counterfeits have subtly different buttons and labels). I can only conclude that Nintendo's QC department is lax, or they're cutting corners with (or maybe outsourcing) production now.

The wiimote itself gets two stars. It works, but poorly. Amazon.com gets five stars, even though they sent me a couple of rejects. Their return system is simple (even printed out a return label for me), I didn't have to pay return shipping, and I received a full refund less than a week after I dropped the box in the mail.

BOTTOM LINE: Won't work with rechargeable battery pack, rumble pack is all goofy, cursor is terrible.
on March 16, 2017
product itself works flawless.As per shipping time, arrived on point!
on February 17, 2010
I bought this Wii remote as a second remote for the system. The first thing that tipped me off to this being a different controller than what was supplied with the Wii was that the controller was in a plastic blister pack. Nintendo usually doesn't pack their stuff in blister packs... Usually in cardboard boxes.

So I opened it up and installed the batteries. The second thing that tipped me off is the silicone jacket still had mold flash where the mold separated and really wasn't that protecting at all; the silicone was very flimsy and thin.

The buttons were also very different. They obviously clicked instead of smoothly breaking. Not an annoyance nor a problem but definitely a differentiator.

I was willing to pass on the jacket and the buttons, that is just cosmetic... then I synced it...

The rumble was not a strong rumble but was a weak, sickly sounding thing. It made more noise than vibration. In Wii Sports Boxing, the remote would not track the same, I had to hold my Wii hand up at a much higher angle just to equal the Nunchuck; right hooks were IMPOSSIBLE!

I really think Nintendo has licensed out their wii remote design to a third party with an agreement. I do not think that this is a knockoff, but obvious quality control issues are present (less fallout from manufacturing means lower manufacturing cost = lower price or higher profit). I returned this one, went to BestBuy where the remote came in a box, and have been happy since.
on May 6, 2013
Pros: I was looking for a wiimote for my computer, because the one from my wii is the newer "RVL-CNT-01-TR" which is not easy to make work with Linux, WIndows, or Mac. The old fashion on (this one) is the "RVL-CNT-01" which has no problems. I have made this one connect to the Manjaro (ARCH) Linux and Ubuntu Gnome Remix Linux. Easy to map; I used it to play some games and browse the web far away from my laptop.

Cons: I would have liked a silicon cover...

Other thoughts: I look forward to play some steam linux native games that are out right now and even more, the one's that I supported via KickStarter. A lot of native linux games are coming out this year(2013), like Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 1&2, Half Life saga, Wasteland 2(new), Divinity Original Sin(new), and many other new titles. (^o^)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.