BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 13, 2016
I was reluctant at first to read this book by Mark Batterson, but a few pages in I was so glad that I did. The Wild Goose Chase was a great read and also a great encouragement to me. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who feels a calling to do something great for God, but maybe lacks the confidence to move forward. Whether, you are a rookie in stepping out in faith, or a veteran who has done it many times - you will find that there is something for everyone in this book.
on September 4, 2017
I have very much enjoyed this book. It's a good reminder to that it's not all about me and that I need to be looking for what God is trying to tell me. It isn't about being safe or taking extremely risky chances, but being in tune with God and the path down which he is leading me,
on September 24, 2013
I chose this for a small group study. What Mark writes is not just for 20-somethings, but has spoken to your Senior group. We never get too old for God to use us.
on January 29, 2016
I love this book! It came into my life at a time when I took on a difficult, new job and was second-guessing myself. This book confirmed to me that God intends life to be an adventure, and most worthwhile things are hard. I check out Mark Batterson's books at the library, and I always end up buying them for my own collection so I can highlight and mark them up.
on September 9, 2013
This is the most down to earth description of the nature and work of the Holy Spirit in Christianity. Most of the studies previously read are either vague or step away from the real experience of encounter with how God is working in us. Be ready for finding a fresh new insight on the subject. I have recommended this book to quite a number of people, and have given copies to other friends and neighbors. It will stay on my reading shelf so I can continue to look through it.
on May 24, 2015
This was a great book for me at a time of transition. It was recommended to a couple people in my home fellowship and I am so glad I read it when I did. Mark talks clearly about 6 cages of entrapment to avoid. I identified what I needed to shuck and side step and am moving on the greater things and not lingering in backward looking pining away. I bought this copy for my adult son and he is enjoying it too. Who doesn't have occasional sudden changes to maneuver? Great book to keep on the shelf. The friend who loaned it has two copies. One to loan and one to keep handy.
on August 14, 2017
This book is an easy read but very thought provoking. I love to read anything Batterson writes.
on June 27, 2016
Mark Batterson is a gifted writer who draws you into a journey of pursuing God at a deeper level. He highlighted areas in our lives that could be distracting us from the incredible adventures God has waiting for us! This book is a stirring call to become all God destined you to be! If you are bored with your walk- read this!!! Be awakened out of your apathy and start to really live!
VINE VOICEon March 31, 2010
Batterson is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. From his initial offering In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day to his latest Wild Goose Chase, I'd say that reading Batterson is akin to watching one of the great classic college footballs games on ESPN - it's not a new premise or concept, it's just delivered so well you find yourself immersed in the book almost sitting on the edge of your seat reading page after page. I love the message of this book - let go of the world, grab on to God and hang on for the ride of your life! It reminds me of Daniel chapter 1 when Daniel resolved not to defile himself...meaning that he left go of the things of this world and chose to follow God no matter what the cost - and the very next verse begins with "Now God...". You want a "now God" moment in your life - resolve to follow God no matter what the cost and see where the Lord takes you. Batterson isn't saying that the Christian walk is all daisies, though; it's a tough journey not for the faint at heart. But the alternative, according to Batterson, is a dull, boring, wasted life. Obviously I agree with Batterson.

This is a great book for any Christian to read - but I think the message will resonate especially with young men - I just wish more of them read books!
on May 21, 2017
Great book with great insights and reminders!