Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on January 5, 2013
My son has been asking for night vision goggles for months. For his 6th birthday I decided to purchase a pair for him. Because of his age, I contemplated for a couple of weeks as to whether I wanted to buy him a pair that cost 60-70$, but I decided to settle on a cheaper set. As I hoped, he thinks these are awesome and has no idea that there is anything better out there. While these are not true 'night vision' goggles, these were very inexpensive and get the deed done. They quality isn't spectacular, and the magnifying part has fallen off a couple of times, but it isn't permanently broken and can be put back onto the goggles. For the price point I couldn't be happier.
on February 18, 2014
Seriously, these night vision goggles are too cool. After our son tried them on then turned them on, there was no end to him wanting to find dark rooms at he could "investigate". Of course then we all had to take turns checking these goggles out and we found equally fun for all ages! They are well made, sturdy, and are guaranteed to have you little secret agent discovering a new world in the dark. Highly recommend.
on December 26, 2014
Bought 2 of these for both our boys - they LOVE'EM!!! Only thing is the magnifying glass doesn't really serve any kind of purpose other than making it look officially "spy" - Otherwise - the color of the light is really cool and they fit good. I read the reviews before I bought, and either I have boys with big heads, or whatever, but they love these goggles and wanted to actually play indoor basketball with them on - they are so clear and can see really good with them.
on January 13, 2014
To me this appears like those old promise of "X-Ray Specs" in the back of magazines and comics when I was a kid. But my 8 year old nephew and his friends loved it. It of course doesn't work as night goggles, only has blue lenses and a bright blue LED on each side, but when you look through them (in the light), it does look like you are using actual NVGs as you see them on TV.

I know, ridiculous, but the kid loved it and that's all that counts.
on January 5, 2011
Our nephew is an active 7 years old who loves playing/exploring outdoors with "spy stuff". This year he was surprised and thrilled that Santa brought him two- way radios and the "Wild Planet Spy Gear Night Goggles". The goggles needed AAA batteries (not included) so we had to wait the day after Christmas to "activate" night capabilities. He also made full use of the the "telescopic" feature during daytime. Bright blue LED lights did a good job in the dark though they are kind of blinding when pointing at your face (to the great joy of the kids!). The goggles appeared to be solidly manufactured and felt comfortable around the head. He's looking forward to go camping with his new gear.
on August 13, 2012
Don't want to dog this product but I second the reviews from others regarding its bright LED lights which will blind you for a while from its intensity. They don't really fit well (I have 4 and 6 year olds), and the side attachment keeps popping out. It did not hold the excitement for my kids for too long.
on February 4, 2016
Not really night vision but it works with the lights.
on March 20, 2012
I bought this toy for my 7 year old nephew. He loved it and wore it everywhere on my visit. The goggles looked great while he was playing in his "spaceship" (empty cardboard box with holes cut out). It also came in handy while walking the dog around the block at night.

My expectations for the lights were pretty low but when I turned it on....It blinded me :-) I was so glad the LED lights worked.

I don't think the flip out sights will last long because it's made of flimsy plastic.

I would get the toy for myself if I people wouldn't look at me weird.
on April 9, 2011
when i got this in the mail for my 6 yr old son. i was thrilled it looked so covert ops! with his daddy serving the country, i though he would love this... he does the head band is uncomfortable he said" the battery pack is heavy and sits on the back of ur head kinda hurts" the light is very bright. its a fun toy to play with in the dark:)
on January 15, 2012
The box details and instructions were in Spanish. We are not Spanish speakers. The description did not warn that this item was detailed in Spanish. It was very hard for my grandson to get excited about this toy. I don't know if he even tried it out while he was with us. I read great reviews here and had big expectations for this toy. It was the majority of our gift to him, but we didn't have time to return and replace it for an English version. I hope he eventually enjoys it, but I was very disappointed that our gift was not very successful.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.