Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on May 22, 2013
I purchased this tuna on Subscribe and Save, and haven't regretted it. I'm attentive to my health, and wanted the Omega 3's without the added mercury. And I love tuna. This brand is one I trust to provide good quality and environmentally superior to the other brands, when it comes to buying fish. The taste is good. Although some customers raved about the taste, I didn't find it to taste that much different than what I'd been used to: Solid White Albacore. It tastes very much like the brands of solid albacore I'd been eating for years ... not much different, except I have the knowledge that this is healthier for me, and I don't want the added mercury in it.

One thing I do differently with this brand, is that I don't throw out the liquid that's in the can. (I read on the label that it's NOT to be tossed out. It contains a lot of the Omega 3's, and exists "naturally" with the fishing process. When I mash it up with a fork to make tuna salad, that liquid simply gets absorbed into the tuna, and it's not wetter than usual. At least I know I'm getting the advantages of the "good fats", in an environmentally conscious product that's healthy. I'm finding it helpful to purchase this on the Subscribe and Save, so I don't run out. Last thing to mention: If you're used to making enough tuna for at least a couple of sandwiches, remember that these cans aren't very big. You'll probably wind up using two cans each time you make something with it, unless you're eating alone. If they carried this in a larger sized can, I'd prefer it, but am not complaining.)

Enjoy!
on June 1, 2012
This is AWESOME Tuna! Since I am a localvore, I spent much time searching and learning for a canned tuna that I felt safe eating. I do believe Wild Planet is a company to trust. I spoke to them extensively prior to buying and they stand behind their product that it is 'wild caught' and smaller tuna so lower amounts of mercury than the larger fish.

The only aspect that I am not 100% on is the cans are not BPA-free (but they are working on it). I am supposedly on the list with the company and they tell me they will notify me as soon as the cans are replaced. Until then, I limit the amount of tuna we eat.

As for flavor you won't find anything better. This is a full piece of fish that is once canned...not twice cooked and made up of scraps and ground up whatever parts like most store-bought.

Finally, the subscribe and Save with Amazon is the best deal ever.

Come on Wild Planet...get the BPA Free cans for heaven's sake!!!
on December 6, 2009
Outstanding product and even more so if you are a Amazon.com prime member with the shipping being free 2 day. My oldest takes these pop top can to school and has it for lunch (he keeps extras in his locker). He packs it in a with a little pepper or lite lemon pepper and /or a lemon wedge and he's a happy camper. His friends parents have also ordered this product. There is a world of difference between this tuna and the regular market brands. You don't need mayo!
Learn the difference between "Minimal" and "Low" Mercury tuna.
44 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2013
My family is trying to eat healthy, organic, and non-soy. This tuna seems to fit the bill. All of the other tuna we used to eat (Chicken of the Sea, Starkist, Bumblebee) all contain soy as a "filler." Open up this can and you get tuna without the filler.

We priced this out at some local grocery stores--we find it often runs close to $5 per can. That is pretty expensive for us--but purchasing in a 6-pack from Amazon makes it much more affordable.

If you are looking for real tuna without added fillers, then this is the tuna for you. Big chunks of meat and good flavor too.
on May 30, 2013
I used to buy this at the WalMart online store for way cheaper, but for some reason they stopped carrying it recently :( So now I buy it from Amazon, which is the next-cheapest place that carries this awesome product.

Tuna is the only type of fish I can stand to eat, and it's one of the few meat products we include in our diet. We use this tuna as an ingredient in almost everything we eat. It blows away all the standard store brands by a country mile. And best of all, since it's a low-mercury product, we can eat MORE of it without fear of going CrAyzEe!!!

One slight negative about this product is the fact that every can content is different, and sometimes you end up with an oddly-deformed piece which isn't terribly appealing. However once it's flaked up with a fork, it all looks and tastes the same anyways, so that's a moot point.
on September 25, 2014
This is the best canned tuna I have ever had. I think it the test is better with no salt. This tuna is not cheap, but I think it is well worth the extra price. It is far beyond the normal store bought tuna. If you are a tuna lover, this is the one you want to try.
on September 18, 2010
The first time I had tuna cooked in the can without added water or oil was a place in Eureka, Ca a few years back...I've never had it since until I found this brand. This is ONLY tuna, nothing added. When you open the can (with an easy pull-top), you use all of the tuna and the juices, it's really delicious. I am a big tuna eater and this is excellent tuna at an affordable price. Upon opening the can you will notice a whole piece of tuna, never flakes or chuncks, and you can break this tuna 'steak' apart depending on how big of chunks you want, or leave it whole on your plate. No matter how you use it, it's really good eating. It's moist and has a big flavor, an excellent choice for your tuna sandwiches or salads. I stocked up on about 10 orders so my pantry will be full and I can eat this to my heart's content...and what a healthy heart it will be with the high levels of Omega 3! Low mercury because they use smaller fish. I hope the price and quality never change. $16.62 for 6 cans.
VINE VOICEon July 20, 2013
I have searched for sustainably caught, healthy tuna to meet part of the seafood section of my diet. This is simply the best I have found for the price.

Due to size of fish and method of catching, this tuna has minimal impact on the environment, and minimal mercury levels. Check out their web site for details.

They also do not use plastic lined cans (BPA dangers), and have a very easy pop-top, which makes it easy to open and handy to carry around for quick protein.

It tastes very good and the quality is high.

Amazon makes it easy to order.

Recommended.
on June 10, 2012
This is by far the best tuna I have ever eaten! It's clearly very high quality, especially compared with other canned tuna brands. I appreciate the environmental benefits offered by Wild Planet seafood, and you can taste the difference. I use this tuna for all kinds of recipes and I will never go back to a more common brand. Yum yum!
on March 22, 2014
This product really delivers and is everything it says it is. When fresh fish is not available or looking good, this tuna is a great alternative. I don't usually do canned foods, but this is an exception. It is not loaded with lots of fillers or artificial flavors. It is merely fresh tuna in a can, unlike other canned tuna I've tasted. I highly recommend it as a good pantry item when you can't or are not in the mood for going out and finding fresh caught fish.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.