To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Wild Side Mass Market Paperback – June 26, 2012
50% off featured Fantasy books
Select Fantasy books are up to 50% off for a limited time. Learn More
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
- Introduction by Mark L. Van Name tells the genesis of this anthology and the format.
- "Songs Sung Red" by Tanya Huff describes an encounter between Vicki and a siren.
- "Garden of the Night" by Gina Massel Castater involves a werewolf enforcer and a lady of the night.
- "For a Good Time, Call..." by Toni L. P. Kelner concerns a telephone witch and an incubus
- "Fine Print" by Diana Rowland relates the trials of the editor of an obscure fantasy magazine.
- "Unawares" by Sarah A. Hoyt deals with a student, vampires, and a psychic investigator.
- "Of Sex and Zombies" by Ticia Drake Isom considers a wedding between a human policeman and a fairy that is crashed by zombies.
- "Love Knot" by Dana Cameron presents a Fangborn woman with an object that is irresistible.
- "Beauty is a Witch" by John Lambshead follows the flight of a witch con artist.
- "The Long Dark Night of Diego Chan" by Mark L. Van Name takes Diego to a vampire club to save a friend.
- "Born Under a Bad Sign" by Caitlin Kittredge follows the Fall and rise of an angel.
- Acknowledgments by Mark L. Van Name thanks those who supported the editor in producing this work.
This book is a fine collection of Fantasy tales. The stories are a varied bunch, but each is interesting within itself. Maybe this book will lead to another work in the same vein.
Some stories draw from the authors's previously established works.Read more ›
Series: Songs Sung Red (Blood Books, 5.5??)
Tanya Huff's Songs Sung Red creates a conflict between Vicki Nelson and Mike Celluci when a siren overpowers Vicki's human inclinations.
Vicki has been changed and is living with Mike.
Gina Massel-Castater's Careless of the Night was just too cute. Liz needs to feed her photographic habit and working for Armando gives her access to his studio equipment. A perfect habit, viewing people from behind a camera. She's invisible at her age and people never even notice her presence. One night, Liz is feeling more sociable and inadvertently begins the seduction of her boss.
I'd like to see more of Liz!
Toni L.P. Kelner's For a Good Time, Call . . . takes a twist on cell phones. And puts one in the eye to Maura's snotty sister Ennis! All the "gifted" witches in the Salem area are off on their retreat leaving the "pathetic" Maura behind to mind the store. Problems ensue when Maura responds to directions left by the man she assumes is one of their providers. Ooops...Herberto Rocha is definitely not whom she's expecting to see.
I hope she turns this into a series!
Diana Rowland's Fine Print is a good reminder to never let sex interfere with business! Jason certainly learns! His quick thinking "under fire" was most impressive. I must confess I'm wondering if he can get out of his particular contract if he reminds Rachel that she was never going to pressure him to put one of her stories in his magazine Black Magick Stories. . .
Scary and cleanly kinky . . .
Sarah A.Read more ›
In `The Wild Side', editor Mark Van Name has pulled together a collection of stories that demonstrate just how varied urban fantasy can be. At the same time, this anthology shows just why it's popular: sex sells. The majority of these tales have an erotic edge and some of them revolve around a liaison in much the way a regular romance novel might. All of the stories explore the supernatural, though, and a lot of them were quite entertaining.
`Songs Sung Red' by Tanya Huff makes a good start to the anthology. It sets a high standard for the other stories to follow. Tanya Huff writes a variety of fiction, from magical kingdoms to space marines. In between, she more than dabbles in urban fantasy. Her `Blood' books feature a human detective, Vicki Nelson, and her partnership with a vampire, Henry Fitzroy.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I actually had ejoyed this book. two of my favorites were "Of Sex and Zombies" by Ticia Drake Isom & "Careless of the Night" by Gina Massel-Castater. Read morePublished on October 30, 2011 by ebby0110