Wild Water 5/6 9’ Rod Fly Fishing Complete Starter Package
- Low Return Rate: 59% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 85% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "fly fishing"
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fly Fishing Package - 9 ft, 5/6 weight, 4 pc rod, large arbor reel, preinstalled line, backing and leader, a rod sock, a rod case, a fly box, flies, and a detailed instruction book. Includes spare leader, zinger and nipper/knot tying tool.
- Rod comes with Lifetime Warranty. Slow action, mid flex IM8 graphite design, aluminum reel seat, stainless steel stripper guide with SiC ring, stainless steel single foot snake guides and hook keeper. 7” western-style grip made with high quality cork and compressed cork trim rings.
- Waterproof, Floating Fly Box - 5.25" x 3.5" x 1.25", custom foam design, holds up to 372 flies. Includes 3 each of Black Ants, Parachute Adams, Gold Ribbed Hare’s Ear Nymph flies, all size 14. Best suited for Trout, Panfish, small streams, ponds, and backpacking
- Diecast Aluminum Fly Fishing Reel - Large arbor design reel, pre-loaded 20 pound blaze orange backing, weight forward 5-weight floating fly line, and 9’ 5X leader. Diecast aluminum spool, frame and reel foot, stainless steel internal components, quick release spool, and disc drag for fine tension adjustments.
- Wild Water is a US based company started in 2006. US based support. Package includes rod bag, lightweight rod case with a zippered storage pouch, starter booklet, and gift box packaging.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
All the features of a great fly rod. Proven fly patterns in a high quality fly box.
Wild Water 9', 5/6 Weight, 4 Piece Fly Rod
- Our 9' rod easily breaks down into 4 sections that are each 28.75" in length for storage in the rod sock and protective case.
- This IM6 Graphite rod is designed for 5 or 6 weight line and has a mid-flex, slow action and weighs 5.7 ounces.
- All Wild Water Starter Package rods come with high quality stainless steel, single foot, snake guides and Silicon Carbide stripper guides with stainless steel frames.
- A stainless steel hook keeper on the rod will allow for easy storage of your fly.
- The Western style cork grip allows for easy handling of the rod and is accented with compressed cork trim rings.
- Rod comes in our black Wild Water case with zippered pouch. Outside length of case is 32".
- Machined aluminum reel seat, fixed reel hood and sliding ring safely secure the reel to the rod with 2 locking rings. Titanium color, anodized finish.
- Cloth rod sock is divided into 4 compartments for rod storage.
- Wild Water logo lasered etched on the end of the rod.
- Waterproof seal keeps contents dry.
- Custom designed foam inserts for fly storage.
- Complete Starter Package comes with 9 flies: Winged Black Ant, size 14, Parachute Adams, size 14 and Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear Nymph,size 14.
Wild Water's 5/6 fly reel - die cast aluminum.
Wild Water 5/6 Die Cast Aluminum Fly Reel
- Large Arbor Aluminum fly fishing reel comes preinstalled with 20# backing, weight forward 5 weight floating line and a 5X 9' tapered leader.
- Spool can be removed from the frame with the quick release tab.
- Stainless components for use in freshwater and saltwater.
- Large drag adjustment knob for fine drag adjustment.
- Reel is set up for left handed retrieve, but can easily be converted to right handed retrieve.
Wild Water's "How to Fly Fish" Booklet and one spare 9 foot, 5X leader.
Fly Fishing Starter Package Reference Guide
- Quick reference guide for getting started in fly fishing.
- Instructions and diagrams for assembling the fly rod and attaching the fly reel.
- Basic knot tying techniques illustrated.
- Tips for caring for the equipment.
- Most common fly fishing questions can be answered by referring to this guide.
- Qty. 1, 5X, 9' clear, nylon, monofilament leader included with package.
- 4.3 lb. test
- Great for fishing for trout, small bass, bluegill and crappies.
- Easily straightens by stretching.
Line Nipper Tool and Zinger
Line Nipper Tool
- Line nipper tool to easily trim your tippet, leader or line
- Nail Knot tool included.
- Needle for cleaning out the hook eye.
- Easily attach the line nipper tool or forceps for quick access.
- Attach the retractable reel to shirt, vest, coat or waders using clip on back of reel.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I would recommend buying a spool of tippet to go with this kit, as you will shorten the tapered leader very quickly if you fish often. Also, buy yourself a fly kit, as the midge flies that come with this kit are very tiny and really only good if you only plan to fish for trout (I live in the deep south, so it's bass and bluegill for me). Speaking of fishing, nothing is more relaxing than casting a fly rod, while you've never been more exilerated until you've caught a big fish on a fly rod. The felling that translates through the rod is unattainable with traditional rod and reels. Once you start fly fishing, you won't want to use a regular old fishing reel again.
But I found this kit for $90 for the whole kit with prime and figured, what the heck, I'll give it a try. I was hesitant at first, but the reviews were pretty good so I gave it a go.
I'm glad I did. After watching some videos I was pulling in panfish at like 20-30 per hour. Yeah, a stupid amount.
Note: I can see how some people could break the rod. It is WAY more flexible then my spinning rod. Just watch some youtube casting videos and you will be fine.
I'll update this review as I go to different lakes and when trout season comes around. If your looking to get into fly fishing, so far this combo has been great.
We went into some alpine lakes in the Ruby Mountains of Nevada to break the wild water in -
I caught 8 brooke trout and I am hooked . Thanks!! - I look forward to enjoying this for a while