Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 9, 2014
If you are wondering, this is NOT an actual Go Pro product.

It is however a nice piece of gear that seems to be made of similar material. Fits great and seems just as durable. I don't think I'd trust a knockoff waterproof one, but I needed one for use inside a vehicle and wanted to be able to keep the camera plugged in to a small 12v to usb adapter. This allows me a semi permanent mount that I can simply pop the camera into and can record for hours without having to fiddle with it.
on March 16, 2014
This case is meant to have a giant hole in the side of it, just so everyone knows :)

I needed this case so that I could film "interviews" of sorts with my GoPro when I was at camp. I had an external clip-on mic that I could plug right into the side of it. Also, if I want to do a timelapse somewhere that has power, you no longer need to worry about your battery dieing because you can now plug it in!

Just to make sure everyone knows: This case is NOT made by GoPro, and because if that, the thumbscrew is a different shape, meaning that it will not work with most tethers, if you were planning on using one.

Overall a good case for what it was meant for. A little pricy, but still a good case.
on April 1, 2016
It was listed as a HERO1 and HERO2 case... as a HERO2 it's fine. The problem is my nephew has a HERO1... and although the camera fits into the case... the buttons DO NOT properly line up. You CAN NOT control the camera when it it in the case. It may be possible to jam paper or something in there to wedge it in... but definitely NOT designed for a HERO1.
on September 2, 2014
I wish I had bought one of these sooner. It allows me to use a remote microphone but it also makes for better sound when using the built-n mic. Even though it came from a third party vendor the quality was every bit as good as the housing that came with my Hero2. Being able to connect the USB while in the housing means I can do long term time lapse sessions without worrying about battery life.
on March 18, 2017
Great!!
on January 5, 2015
I ordered this because I needed access to my ports while operating my Hero2. This seems to be a quality piece, the plastic is thick and it works well on my camera. This case does NOT offer access to the SD Card or the mini-HDMI port so I drilled 4 holes in the case and used a cutoff wheel to make an opening on that side of the case.

So I am happy with the quality and happy with the price. And it gave me an excuse to use my dremmel tool!
on May 3, 2016
Perfect fit and Indistinguishable from an original GoPro case.
on May 21, 2014
When I received it the buttons were missing... Didn't hassle with a return because I needed the item asap and just replaced the buttons with some from my other housings.
on August 28, 2017
fits perfect and no issues when using ports on side with case
on February 9, 2014
I really like the frame case sold for the H3 and this is the closest I could come to having a case where I don't need water protection but want access to be able to plug in cables, etc. Wish it had an opening on the other side for removing memory card and accessing the mini HDMI port. Also there is really no need for the clear lens cover here.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.