- Paperback: 396 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (December 30, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047066259X
- ISBN-13: 978-0470662595
- Product Dimensions: 6.6 x 0.8 x 9.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,115,861 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Wildlife Forensics: Methods and Applications 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover,"" illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Pre-order today
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
“This book is written in an easy to comprehend style and the concise chapters are full of information. Few books are specific to veterinary forensics and I would recommend this one for the library of anyone involved in this field.” (Doody’s, 24 August 2012)
From the Back Cover
Wildlife Forensics: Methods and Applications provides an accessible and practical approach to the key areas involved in this developing subject. The book contains case studies throughout the text that take the reader from the field, to the lab analysis to the court room, giving a complete insight into the path of forensic evidence and demonstrating how current techniques can be applied to wildlife forensics.
The book contains approaches that wildlife forensic investigators and laboratory technicians can employ in investigations and provides the direction and practical advice required by legal and police professionals seeking to gain the evidence needed to prosecute wildlife crimes.
The book will bring together in one text various aspects of wildlife forensics, including statistics, toxicology, pathology, entomology, morphological identification, and DNA analysis.
This book will be an invaluable reference and will provide investigators, laboratory technicians and students in forensic Science/conservation biology classes with practical guidance and best methods for criminal investigations applied to wildlife crime.
- Includes practical techniques that wildlife forensic investigators and laboratory technicians can employ in investigations.
- Includes case studies to illustrate various key methods and applications.
- Brings together diverse areas of forensic science and demonstrates their application specifically to the field of wildlife crime.
- Contains methodology boxes to lead readers through the processes of individual techniques.
- Takes an applied approach to the subject to appeal to both students of the subject and practitioners in the field.
- Includes a broad introduction to what is meant by 'wildlife crime', how to approach a crime scene and collect evidence and includes chapters dedicated to the key techniques utilized in wildlife investigations.
- Includes chapters on wildlife forensic pathology; zooanthropological techniques; biological trace evidence analysis; the importance of bitemark evidence; plant and wildlife forensics; best practices and law enforcement.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now