Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

87%
13%
Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on January 23, 2017
We ordered this for my 90 year old father in law. He loves it! Mother Maybell talks in between songs, about how the songs came about, where they were first played, etc. The fidelity is surprisingly good for such an old recording.
VINE VOICEon December 29, 2005
I bought this CD as research about the Carter family. I have always been a fan of Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash, and I wanted to hear more of the Carter family.

I played this CD right after I opened it, and to my surprize, it was some of the best music I have ever heard. Mother Maybelle Carter can play a guitar and autoharp better than anyone I have heard. She is modest, but a strong woman with strong playing techniques. From the first few moments of her first song, Maybelle will capture you with her unique voice and unusual guitar playing. This is an essential CD for anyone who likes the Carter family.

This CD really inspired me to play autoharp, since Maybelle made it sound so beautiful. This collection of songs will certainly sing to you, and Maybelle's introductions on some of the songs will make you appreciate the music even more. At some points, it sounds like there are several guitars playing, not just one. Maybelle changed the face of music, and helped make it what it is today, she is our roots. Let us not forget them.
on August 18, 2015
I have always loved the Carter family sense listening to them on the radio with grandpa. Maybelle is in top form on this C D
on August 17, 2016
I love maybelle carter
on January 25, 2014
I always loved the music of the carter family .... Mother Maybell's soft spoken voice to her deep singing voice is just amazing ...
on December 30, 2009
I gave this to my friend Brenda at one of her guitar parties. She opened it and read all the titles and had a little story to tell about a few of them, that she did that song or who else did it or wrote it. It was quite a surprise, since I don't know that much about Maybelle, I only knew that the purity of Brenda's voice when she sings reminds me of her. Maybe it will be interesting to note that Brenda's not an accomplished musician, she just loves music and plays a bit. Well, she's a musician in my book because she loves it so much and does a lot to support it, working many long hours (in addition to her full time day job) to arrange house concerts and going to people's gigs and so forth. Maybe it won't be interesting for me to say that sometimes I wonder if I wasn't more of a musician when I wasn't playing/writing. I had more time to appreciate others. Now I feel a little more like just a hack. Maybe it will be even less interesting for me to opine here and warn the few people that are snobby about being musicians to take note that many people who don't play are more intensely musical than some of us who, really, just like to shoot our mouths off. La-di-da. Ok, whatever.