Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on December 27, 2014
This book is AWFUL. As the reviewer "JB" wrote above - this will NOT help a kid who moves to a new neighborhood or who is having trouble making friends. He goes to the park to try to make some friends. The kids all reject him, and do not want to be his friend. The poor kid is left playing ball by himself, throwing his ball up in the air and catching it repeatedly. Then the boys walk over to him and saying they want to be his friend because, "We need someone who can throw and catch like that." They only want to befriend him if they can use him. It's an absolutely horrible lesson. The kid would have been better off with no friends, than with friends who reject him, and then only want to use him for his catching and throwing skills. Unless you want to give a message to your kids that they only need to be kind, welcoming and friendly to a new kid in town IF he has something you need, stay away from this book. Teaches kids how to use people, or that people will use them.

I should add that I grew up on a few of Syd Hoff's books and really liked them - like "Danny & The Dinosaur" and a couple of others. So I was sure I would enjoy this one. But I hate it. I'm not even returning it or donating it to a library, but rather throwing it in the garbage. Any child in the USA is better off not having a book than having this book.
on January 18, 2017
Great little book. Checked it out at the library for my students, but they loved it so much I had to purchase this copy. This is a great book for early readers and it encourages them to read more, because they can read it by themselves the very first attempt.
on May 23, 2014
This was the first book I learned to read when I was 3 and I was so happy to find it to start reading to my baby in the womb so he can learn it too when he is born. It came so fast I couldn't turn my head fast enough and it was here.
on December 15, 2011
I looked this book up simply because it brought back sooo many memories of my child hood. I never in a million years thought that it would actually be avaiable on amazon. It was exactly as i remembered it to be except that it is paperback and mine was a hard back book.
on April 8, 2014