- File Size: 3577 KB
- Print Length: 226 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: August 10, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B012TOEDSO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,384,488 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
You Will Be Like God (Victory to Dystopia Series Book 3) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
First, the writing is a little weak, and the book could use a really good developmental and line edit. Getting a good developmental editor on this good concept could have made all the difference in the world. There were instances of misspelled words, missing words, duplicated words, lots of run-on sentences and more. I am not a stickler for perfect grammar, either, but grammar should be good enough to ease the ability to read the book. The grammar sometimes made this a difficult read.
I enjoyed the adventures the two main characters embarked upon, and I liked the premise of the story--the problem is, I think the book started in the wrong place and put too much focus on the wrong things, so that at the end, we have no conclusions. Is this supposed to be a part of a series? If so, then I see no evidence of that. And yet, the sub-plots were not tied up at all. What happened with the children? Why were they chosen? How are so few going to be able to do anything major to change the world? Who were their parents? I'm assuming high-ranking families, people with some power or political pull? THAT was the story... but instead, we are given some conspiracy theories by an ex-employee while the read story--and the perpetrator--hides in the shadows and we're never shown that. Then at the end, we get sort of thrown into a sub-story of the man in the wilderness with his sick daughter, and it ends on a complete cliffhanger. Why?
It doesn't feel complete. There's no real ending to it, but I see no evidence this is a series. So I'm left, instead of feeling satisfied by a good story come to an end, feeling quite confused.
I really wanted to like this book, because I really liked the premise of the 'advertised' plot, but the book didn't really give me that plot--it didn't fulfill its promise--so instead I'm left with a lot of questions and feeling slightly frustrated at the way it ended.
And what frustrates me even more is that it had so much potential... it could have been and should have been so good.
All that said, I do like the author's voice (with the need of better editing), and I like the tone of the story. The characters were mostly believable and authentic, though I'd like to see them developed more. I think point of view is really weak but I do like seeing the story from several different angles. The locations in the story were a nice bonus too, woven in between the plot.
Overall, it's a good effort, a decent book. But it took me a while to get into the story, because of the difficulties expressed above. In the end, I'm glad I read it and don't feel like it wasted my time. I think it's worth the read--but if you're expected a hard-core sci-fi, this isn't it. If you're expecting a Christian book, this isn't it either. But it's a good action/adventure genre, with a futuristic bent to it.
Overall I really enjoyed reading this book.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Science Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Religious > Christian > Fantasy
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Religious > Christian > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Futuristic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Religious
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian