Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on November 19, 2014
I loved it and was upset when I turned the last page. Now what? Rarely do I delve so whole-heartedly into a book as I did this one. A quarter of the way through I was recommending it to everyone I knew and now that I finished it, I wasn't wrong.

Resnick has such a bitter, cynical, perma-Eeyore persona but his set-up and delivery are brilliant, caustic and hysterically funny. And most importantly, no one is left unscathed including himself. Hidden amongst the wry wit and improbable adventure are little gems of poignancy for balance. Read the milkshake chapter and you'll never be the same again.
on July 20, 2017
You CAN NOT read this as a bedtime book. You'll never get to sleep. You'll laugh so much your tears will run down your face and you'll forget to be sleepy! The funniest book I've ever read, bar none!
RH
on May 7, 2014
I saw Resnick on the Letterman show, and thought he was brilliant. A dry, wry, sarcastic humor which you have to love. After the Letterman show I went to download the book, and couldn't put it down. Stylistically it is what you would expect from someone who has worked with Letterman and in the genre of Seinfeld. It is just plain old storytelling at its best. Honest, neurotic, and oddly funny. Each page you read, you think "how ridiculous." And by the time you finish the story, you realize it isn't far off from everyday life. In a strange way it sounds like someone you know. A fun must read.
on May 12, 2014
I was literally laughing out loud while reading it at Starbucks over the weekend. Mr. Resnick is one extremely talented raconteur. What I enjoyed most about the book was the cinematic quality in which the stories are told.

One minute you’re visualizing the author as a child at a neighborhood Easter party with a girl he has a crush on….and the next minute …he’s transformed into a young man fresh out of college learning the ins and outs of the insurance biz from a family friend who takes the young lad under his wing. The tales are all equally funny but in different ways … some as others here have mentioned are extremely touching and told very sweetly.

Highly recommend –for a comical and poignant read.
on November 23, 2017
Really enjoyed reading his stories. He kind of reminds me of a passive Larry David. You'll definitely enjoy if you like dark comedy like I do.
on November 19, 2014
This book was hysterical. It's rare that I laugh out loud when reading. Resnick is the ultimate introvert. He writes a series of short stories about growing up in Pennsylvania with a crazy family going all the way through to his life with his wife and daughter in New York City. He doesn't much like most people but still comes off as likable. My favorite was his story about buying a piano from the lady upstairs in his upper westside building. It reminded me so much of living in New York (I don't anymore). His descriptions were spot on. Smart, funny and super entertaining. I'm getting this book for a bunch of people for Christmas.
on August 25, 2017
Very funny.. Interesting glimpse into childhood.. and seeing just where the comedy comes from.
on January 13, 2015
As a person who has now accepted that "I don't suffer fools gladly" I found a kindred spirit in Adam Resnick. I'm not Quite so misanthropic as he seems to be, but I'm getting there. I know most people think differently from me (and Adam) but I found his reaction to Disney World spot on with mine. Thanks Adam!
on May 27, 2014
Being in my 40s I related well with these stories from the days of landlines and county fairs. Besides the humor, the common thread through the book is the page-turning suspense of how each chapter unfolds. On the Blue Yodel No. 13 story I was really rooting for young Resnick to lose his virginity to the chain-smoking teenage runaway girl. And I was dying to know what kind of cereal his dad was eating in chapter 12. But I won’t give anything away here. To find out what kind of cereal it was, you will just have to read the book!
on May 10, 2017
I had heard about this book from a friend, and It is just what I needed for a good laugh.