Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Will not but any Blizzard product!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 19, 2012, 9:00:39 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2012, 11:49:06 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 25, 2012, 8:29:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2012, 8:29:43 AM PDT
Trent Steele says:
Just so you know, the Better Business Bureau is not a government entity and has no real power. It is merely a way for people to check if an obscure company has any complaints. People looking to determine whether Blizzard is a reputable company are more likely to find better information with a Google search than by querying the BBB. So, don't expect any punishment or for Blizzard to even care. It doesn't affect their business in any measurable way.

That said, our economic environment for centuries has been based on caveat emptor or "buyer beware". It is your duty to ensure that the products you are purchasing meet your standards before buying them. By being a first adopter for Diablo 3, you should have been aware that you risked being disappointed. You could have waited and tried the game out via the free Starter Edition before buying it. You didn't and now you have buyer's remorse, which is common among first adopters.

Additionally, Diablo 3 is a not a bad product. Millions of people are satisfied with it, and that satisfaction grows as Blizzard continues to balance and patch the application. So while it is unfortunate that you feel cheated by Blizzard, they really didn't do anything wrong. And you learned a lesson to research your purchases better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012, 1:14:31 PM PDT
Tacitus86 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 25, 2012, 6:32:44 PM PDT
Having dealt with Blizzard on many issues, I have a very very hard time believing they promised any sort of refund for D3. Especially since they flat out said there would be no refunds just because people complained. As someone who claims to have played WoW, you should have already been aware that their releases historically have issues at the beginning because they are just so popular that the login servers get overwhelmed. And any person that reports to the BBB for something like this? Well, I have to wonder what you do when a REAL problem presents itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012, 11:41:49 AM PDT
W. Stacey says:
So wait a second... You bought a game, played it, and then wanted a refund..... and you GOT IT?!?!? It's unbelievable that Blizzard would even humor the request. I've never heard of such a thing in gaming software before.

So, on the contrary to the OP, I actually have a BETTER opinion of Blizzard than before I read this post. Good job Blizzard!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012, 11:47:40 AM PDT
tomcliz says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 30, 2012, 2:07:29 AM PDT
Jeremy says:
I can confirm that Blizzard will give you your money back within 30 days of buying any of their products. At least if you buy direct download from them anyway. It is their official policy.

I too was disappointed with Diablo 3, for various reasons, and all it took was a phone call to get a full refund.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 9:07:11 AM PST
Kyleh613 says:
This is incorrect, Blizzard has always had a 30 day refund policy. They had one in place for Diablo III in North America, and extended it even longer for South Korea.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012, 7:16:36 PM PST
C. Chwa says:
^ I successfully returned my game within 30 days of the purchase. I am glad Blizzard had great customer service to deal with my return.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012, 5:19:37 PM PST
J. Donitz says:
For any gaming Company Blizzard has the best Customer service NOT OUTSOURCED and will listen to there customers more then others.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 3:56:44 PM PST
S. Weigelt says:
I just wanted to mention, I happened to buy Diablo 3 and was disappointed with it. When I called Blizzard's customer service they were extremely polite and gave me a full refund. You can't do this with physical copies of games, but if you buy digitally from Blizzard they will give refunds within 30 days. The strength of their customer service undid any negative feelings I had toward them for my disappointment in D3, and I would certainly buy from them in the future.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013, 3:56:08 PM PST
AZ Gardener says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013, 3:39:18 PM PST
B. Perera says:
I believe that they announced that they're going to allow cross region play. This was done because pro Korean players had to create new accounts to play in the U.S. I'd double check with Blizzard as to whether this is already allowed in the Hots beta, maybe you can get a beta key and start playing with your friends today!

Posted on Mar 10, 2013, 6:54:25 AM PDT
nunya beese says:

Posted on Mar 10, 2013, 7:21:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013, 7:22:15 AM PDT
Bruce says:
I've been playing Blizzard games for nigh on 10 years, and I've always found their customer service to be well above average. The demonizing of Blizzard because they released a sub-par game is beyond the pale. The 'gamer community' needs to stop over-hyping and over-anticipating games (like Diablo 3). The internet doesn't need more dramatic proclamations about how Blizzard is evil and you're never buying their products.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013, 7:55:47 PM PDT
Weston says:
Blizzard has amazing customer service. I've never been let down by them. Bought Diablo 3 Collector's Edition. I enjoyed it while I played it, but I don't play it much anymore.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013, 10:24:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2013, 8:00:56 AM PDT
C. Nichols says:
I am willing to bet alot of people who asked for refunds of Diablo 3 will repurchase the game or have already done so after seeing all the great patches in 1.05, 1.07, and the upcoming 1.08 and yet to be announced, 1.09. I played from 1.05 to just before 1.07 (didn't buy it until they fixed the problem of the game being so easy you could play it with your eyes closed) and recently gave it a break. I see no point in playing until they work out some of those item drop issues.

I just today completed all the achievements for WoL in Starcraft II and am enjoying it much more than I did when I played the original (bought it many years later and by then the graphics were horribly dated), I have owned the game less than a week.

EDIT: I only completed the achievements for the first section of the campaign, that is all I have played. It allowed me to replace my hideous portrait. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2013, 6:06:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2013, 6:15:17 AM PDT
Woundheir says:
I bet not. They aren't rewriting the terrible story. They aren't redoing the horribly bright cartoony graphics. They aren't making the stat system any more complex than the 2 stat system it is now. (Most of the stats are useless for each class. They all use vitality and then just whatever their +damage is.) They aren't making skills more complex. (Compare D2 Necro to any D3 class. Way more fun.) They aren't even getting rid of the boring randomized stat items.

About all they are doing is removing the auction house. The fact is that Blizzard isn't Blizzard any more. They are Activision. And they don't know how to make a Blizzard game.

And as for SC2, it wasn't the complete failure D3 was, but it wasn't great. The campaign only had 1 difficult quest. I cleared all of Brutal mode except for the last protoss mission in 3 days... Multiplayer was just bad, poor unit choices making for simplistic 1 unit massing rather than mixed unit combat. The story was alright, but they turned Raynor into some kind of space cowboy. And the Protoss-Zerg hybrid story so far was really weak. I hear they made the expan story into some sappy romance mixed with Kerrigan following simple minded revenge, although I can't say from experience since I did not bother to buy it. If that is the case they did not understand the Kerrigan from SC1 very well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Expansion Pack
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Expansion Pack by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.4 out of 5 stars (617)